Does God care about me?

Does God care about me?

A Story by Elder Reeve
"

Read the title

"

Does God care about me?           

                I have been called a lot of things. Freak, weirdo, tool, player, hater, retard; the list goes on for a long time. I have always dealt with emotional bullies. I never really tried to fight back, I just listened to what they said and tried to ignore it. It is so easy to start thinking about what they say and to wonder if it is true. I really began to think I was a freak, weirdo, etc. It did not feel very nice.

                Never before had I wondered what it is God felt about me. I wondered if he felt the same as everyone else seemed to feel. He was God, he had the final decision on who I really am, and he did create me after all.

                I got down on my knees and asked God what he thought of me. Was I a weirdo? Did I smell like a gorilla? Was I a pessimist? Did I really matter to him? I honestly wanted to know what it is that he thought.

Well I got a very interesting answer, I got the answer that I was his son. A thing I had heard so many times it really just stopped having any meaning to me. The answer came when I was feeling really lonely one day. I was sitting alone in the basement, I was crying a little bit. I had given up on ever having people who would love me. I sat down and I started to play a very violent and bloody video game, just venting my frustrations. Then suddenly I got a text from my best friend. It said “hey man I love ya. Wanna hang out today?”

                I had given up on anyone caring about me, I had given up on mattering to anyone. I thought that if everyone thought I was to sum it up useless than I must be useless. This timely text from my best friend though showed me that I mattered to at least one person. I asked him later what had made him want to hang out. He didn’t have a reason but I firmly believe he was inspired by my father in heaven to come and be with me. I was a teenager and did not a good job at listening to my parents (not even the heavenly ones) but he knew I would listen to my best friend. He also knew that text was from one of the most import people in my life. I am so glad God cared enough about me to give me my best friend, and that God reached out to me through him in one of my times of greatest need.

© 2014 Elder Reeve


Author's Note

Elder Reeve
Go at it

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on March 25, 2014
Last Updated on March 28, 2014
Tags: God, Care, Lone, Sone, Love, Friends

Author

Elder Reeve
Elder Reeve

Cambridge, MA



About
I do martial arts, and include its influence in alot of my writings, I also LOVE role play! more..

Writing
Why Me? Why Me?

A Story by Elder Reeve