A contemporary choreography.

A contemporary choreography.

A Story by EleAkev
"

A piece of fiction set around a cup of coffee.

"

 

Who would have known I could be this woman? I haven’t. I always thought I was going to grow older surrounded by cats and success but instead, here I am, drinking my third cup of coffee and about to sell my old flat to move in with a man who can easily be mistaken with a Disney’s charming prince. He got the success, I can pay the rent. The rent he doesn’t want me to pay.  I’m not sure I’m doing the right call but my mother said is now or never and truth is I hate cats.  To be honest, I’m quite happy with the idea of leaving my flat. It never felt like home, not after Sebastian was gone, twelve years ago. He took my world and this place’s soul with him. I became a helpless case but I did give a chance to the flat.  I painted the walls a few times. First, it was a yellow sad like his hair and then a wild blue as his eyes’. The result was, as it’s still now, a confusing green I couldn’t relate directly with him at all. I wish I could have and another cup of coffee and talk to someone about this but no one ever knew about Sebastian. As it was the first (and the only one so far) time I lived my life to the fullest and I didn’t want someone to take my joy away. Apparently life decided it was way too much for me. He definitely was, but as much I questioned why, if he could have any girl he wanted to, he chose the messed-up one, I never got an answer different from “don’t be silly.” And I never understood whether that meant I was being really silly or if he knew he made a mistake. Hopefully at my fancy rather boring new place the kitchen and bathroom won’t be as cold as here and I will be able to take as many cups of coffee as I please. I always found leaving my room quite hard. At the beginning, because the love of my life was always doing his paintings in there and for the last twelve years because that’s the only place where I can actually recreate his faces that is always burred anywhere else. I fancy remembering every single second I spent with him but, cowardly, I always avoid bringing to life that one time when he came early in the morning asking for my blessing before he attended an interview, which I thought it could change our lives and I wasn’t that wrong. We made love insanely; our souls were dancing together a contemporary choreography. We madly loved each other like if it were the last time. And it was. There were no limits for us, we were beyond this world. Nothing could step in between us, nothing but that cup of coffee we dropped when we were about to reach heaven. I cursed at the moment for the stain but after having this conversation with his mother in which, long story short, i was informed, the love of my life wasn’t alive anymore, I have thanked every day for that stain blood-alike were there and that the smell has remain since then to remind me that I was happy once. Who would have known.



EleAkev


12ofJanuary,2012.

© 2012 EleAkev


Author's Note

EleAkev
As this is for my portfolio, I will really appreciate if some advice and corrections can be given.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

259 Views
Added on January 12, 2012
Last Updated on January 12, 2012
Tags: cats, coffee, helpless, love, women, short story, death, romance, sad

Author

EleAkev
EleAkev

About
From Bogotá, Colombia. Living in London UK. more..

Writing
Lola. Lola.

A Story by EleAkev


21  + A MINT. 21 + A MINT.

A Story by EleAkev