Secrets

Secrets

A Story by Electrochique
"

a short story about why you shouldnt keep secrets

"

 Is it human nature to keep secrets? I know people do it, they lie, and deceive people just to keep their little secrets, but does that mean its normal, that they are meant to do it? People think they can keep secrets from me, well they are wrong. I wont be made a fool of. And so I keep my own little secrets. I know everything about all of them, and slowly, one by one, I will pick them off until there are none left.

Rebecca was the first to go. She always told me we were friends, that I meant the world to her, that I was important to her. She kept secrets for other people, which is just as bad. Her secret was that she wasn’t really a nice person. Rebecca was quite short, blonde, pretty, smart. Not smart enough to see what was coming. Not smart enough to survive a stab wound to the chest. Rebecca left a lot of blood on the floor, on the walls, even on the ceiling. Before Rebecca I didn’t know how far blood went. Turns out, blood goes a very long way indeed. I spent hours, days even cleaning Rebecca off of my walls, scrubbing the floor, and the ceiling, repainting everything. I had to put new carpets down because her blood stained the hard wood floors. I knew that the way that I killed Rebecca, although very enjoyable, was not going to be the  method the others would be subject to.

The second to go was Laura. She was one of those amiable people. People just seemed to like her, not for any reason really. Thinking about it now, it made no sense, as she was a pretty horrible person. All smoke and mirrors really, an illusion to make people think she was nice when really, she was a b***h. She messed boys around, and drove them crazy. Every boy she ever dated ended up being a psycho, although they weren’t that way when she started out with them. Turns out, she can turn her friends in to psychos too. I took a different approach with laura. I knew I couldn’t do the same as was done with Rebecca, because it was messy, I didn’t want to leave too much evidence. I killed laura in the kitchen, where there were tiled floors. A rather large blow to the back of the head with an iron was the end of her. She was down straight away, and the blood leaked out slow enough for me to clean it up before it touched anything but the tiles.

Third was Louise. She had wronged me before, so I knew this had to be violent. The first time I had forgiven her. It had taken all the forgiveness I had to offer, which is why I couldn’t forgive this time. I just didn’t have it left in me. I wanted this to be brutal, and painful. I followed her one night, and slit her throat in an alley way. I watched her silent screams as she died, the blood pouring out all over her body and the floor. By the end she was begging to die, so I let her. She knew I was a kind person. I made sure there was no evidence that I was ever there, and I left her to rot.

Next was Sophie. She hadn’t done anything wrong really, just in the wrong place at the wrong time. It’s a shame, she was actually a nice person. But she had been involved in the lies, only slightly. But enough to warrant her death, and so it came to her in the form of suffocation. I didn’t mind how she died, so I imagined how an innocent person would want to die, silently and painlessly. She was sleeping, and I crept in, leaning over her sleeping body, and held the pillow over her dreaming face. Minutes passed, and she never struggled once. What a good girl.

Everyone keeps secrets, don’t they? I know I have mine, lots of them. I guess I don’t deal with things well, it’s a character flaw I suppose. Although its not my main one, my major character flaw is that I cant stand people keeping secrets from me. Secrets drive me crazy.

© 2009 Electrochique


Author's Note

Electrochique
ignore grammar or spelling mistakes.
any critiques on writing style, the story, and anything else are welcomed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

270 Views
Added on December 6, 2009

Author

Electrochique
Electrochique

United Kingdom



About
hey :) my name's Nikki, writer and artist, and horror movie addict. talk to me if you want to know anything about me :) more..

Writing