My Winter Wonderland.

My Winter Wonderland.

A Story by EliJoLee
"

Just a short snipit of winter.

"

Cold, white powder bleeds a thin, transparent river across black concrete that has collected countless years of invisible tire tracks.  It flows to the other side then fades away with the wind.  Frozen, white ghosts that cry bitter tears that linger like frozen kisses until a hand brushes them away and are then just replaced again.  Trees with naked branches waltz with wind, dancing to their own music in ballgowns of ice.  Swaying this way and that, keeping the beat to a rythem that no one will figure out.  No one will be able to tap their foot or snap their fingers.  Snow glistens like a diamond blanket in the moon's glow.  Until it fades, it may never be touched by a person's wandering footsteps.  Trails from furry wildlife disturb the unruffled sea of white here and there, all of this taking place in a clearing in a wood.  There are many secrets that Winter whispers through the wind that no one may ever figure out.  Secrets that can only be encrypted by an ear that takes the time to listen, takes the time to breathe in those chilly secrets instead of walking aimlessly through undisturbed snow and not appreciate the beautiful aspects of Winter.

© 2008 EliJoLee


Author's Note

EliJoLee
grammer may be crap but just a shpeel on Winter.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

234 Views
Added on October 17, 2008

Author

EliJoLee
EliJoLee

WI



About
well, i'll say what any female writer says is that yes, i love to write (obviously). I basically only stick with poetry and short stories because those are pretty much the only things that i know how.. more..

Writing