The poison of "Jail-bait".

The poison of "Jail-bait".

A Poem by Elinor Williams
"

I got angry late one night and found myself writing this about something that happened in my past.

"
Rip the hair from my scalp 
scratch the mascara from my eyes
de-light, de-love and de humanise.
More than a face, a body and hair.
I’m everything you envy, I don’t care.
Hate me, I dare you.
make my heart bleed. but nothing.
Just nothing. and my patience is rusting.
See, I’m made of substance.
I have a mind,
I’m not a “slag" or a “s**t" and I won’t unbind.
Your vile words won’t touch me
and even if you tried,
I’d hold up a mirror and bounce back your cyanide. 
So change the colour of your nails,
and pretend all you've done is fine.
but mark my words, you'll pay for this
and Karma won't be kind.

© 2013 Elinor Williams


Author's Note

Elinor Williams
Please criticize and add additional notes. It'll really help for future writing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Well done. The honesty and emotion come through raw and powerful. Your word choices are striking and powerful most particularly in the third line. The "de-light" was absolutely magnificent. Not just as a juxtoposition to "delight" but also as a way of expressing the robbing of light. Great word choice and the line is so hard hitting.

Posted 10 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Elinor Williams

10 Years Ago

Thank you! When I read it, it always jumps out at me the most. This is a lovely comment, and I love .. read more
SteveB

10 Years Ago

There is no need to thank me. Thank you for this piece.



Reviews

Really great poem, your anger and frustration come across perfectly. Really well written!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Some intense words. Great job..........

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the harshness and directness of the poem. You gave glimpses of places and thoughts. I like the short and visual statements. I do believe karma to be fair judge too. No weakness in the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really love how you can feel the emotion in the verses!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, i love it.. great rhythm and smart rhyme.. with a strong close. Realy good.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Elinor Williams

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much! :D
Patrick O'Neil

10 Years Ago

Most welcome, you have a great writing style.
Great job! I love the power in this! I love the line about holding up a mirror and bouncing back the cyanide. Sticks and stones... I love the feeling at the end- I don't have to do anything because you're going to get what's coming to you! Excellent!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This sounds like a song to me. I like the anger in it. The beginning seems masochistic but the end explains that there is more emotions involved like pride and strength

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Powerful! That is how I would wrap this whole piece up. Very strong and bold, the words really speak, as if you can feel the tension coming off of the words! Loved it!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Elinor Williams

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I've got to say....I felt so much better after writing it!
⊰ℛℛ⊱
This 'poem story' is a bit confusing. At first it seems like it's a guy raping a woman, but then there is jealousy, so it's another woman raping another woman. But then the title is 'jail-bait' so now I'm thinking it's an older woman who is jealous, raping a younger one. (Don't ask me how that works) :7

But then I'm thinking, well now wait just a minuette, how about this ? Maybe it's a woman who's jealous of a younger one so she sends her boyfriend over to rape this girl, he'll get the legal rap of 'jail-bait,' she gets tossed in jail cause for being promiscuous, and then the older woman, free of all of this mess, is the 'fairest-one-of-them-all.'

Hmm ... Or did I totally miss the point here ?


Posted 10 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.

dw817

10 Years Ago

"Rip the hair from my scalp scratch the mascara from my eyes de-light, de-love and de humanise."
read more
dw817

10 Years Ago

... continued - I don't feel bad for misinterpreting that.
Elinor Williams

10 Years Ago

Don't feel bad, it's an interpretation! xD haha, just it's not really what I intended or really mean.. read more
(Forgive me of my style of criticizing your work but this is how I would view it okay.)

"For there is no better poison out there but the words we use to slander and hurt our friends with. For a taste, it is an unforgettable feeling that is never squelched because such taste is indicative of venomous but also infectious for the body itself!

For to lather the emotions with such baseless meanings our voices are more toxic than a drop of risin in our body. Surely it doesn't kills us instantly but even desiccants know that even a slow-decaying rotting flesh is a sight to see than an already dead corpse! It's the insincerity that will always be present in our heart when we find ourselves decayed!"

To me, I saw how your words were fully intoxicating, pun intended! They were livid and at its finest they just want to go through your throat and rip it out. Hmm something the way the projections makes it so filled with wroth it's ready to blow for sure! Can't wait for your next piece! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Elinor Williams

10 Years Ago

Haha, thank you! I love the critique, very different and I like that :D I understand, just I really .. read more
Zero_Edge88

10 Years Ago

You're very welcome! Hey change of perspective helps definitely eh? :D It has its merits and I'd agr.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

855 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 23, 2013
Last Updated on July 24, 2013
Tags: poem, poetry, anger, angry, hate, love, hurt, loss, time, catharsis

Author

Elinor Williams
Elinor Williams

Wales, United Kingdom



About
My name's Ellie, I'm 19 years old and I'm a Film Production Student. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..