Nana

Nana

A Story by Eliot Knight
"

Some people, we never let go of. Inspired by Nana, the best manga I have ever read. I do not own the name or picture.

"
“When dawn comes, that memory gradually distances...Tonight, I will bring it to sleep with me, so that will not be taken away by the waves of the night...” -Ai Yazawa
It was just a feeling I had which stretched on forever, like a dying star that shines so bright you’d never believe it would go out. If life was beautiful then I would have lived it fully and made you live it with me. Surely, you would have said yes if you’d seen how amazing it could be. If the strings hadn’t broken this guitar would still be playing the songs that used to put you to sleep. Where did we meet first? It wasn’t this place where we are apart. Didn’t you forget what existed in the world we created? I still cry out every night, I hope you will hear my voice. If I sing this song louder, I feel you will hear the words that were left unsaid. Let’s not go back to a past I can’t remember, there is time for memories to be made. All the fears people carry, make them afraid to have a friend, but you were still mine, won’t you try to find me again? I’m standing alone in rain that never touches my face, when I look at the sky, I don’t see any clouds; I think they drifted away. Let’s not be sad, you put a smile on my face again. I lived a lonely life searching for questions I’d ask someone who would stand by my side, I still have so many left to ask. I want to stop time on every clock I find so I can reach back to where you and I were together, I’d grab your hand and hold it tightly; even destiny would not be able to tear you away from me. I will see you and it won’t be so nice but it will still be in my heart as the day we met again. The promises broken will heal if we forget we made them. Even if I’m alone and all I hear is your voice, I won’t feel it one bit. I’ll fall asleep before the world wakes up, holding onto the dreams I don’t cry in. I can’t remember what happened, I only remember a fading face. My heart is always reaching towards shadows disappearing, I’m still standing alone. If only someone would say a kind word, don’t leave all this behind, maybe I would stay. I’m closing my eyes to hear your voice, it’s not something I can hear any more. What am I carrying in my heart that is so heavy and has no name, perhaps you could tell me what it is. I hope you will visit me just to hear my voice, to make sure it was me who was calling.

© 2016 Eliot Knight


Author's Note

Eliot Knight
Be kind, it's close to my heart.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

' The promises broken will heal if we forget we made them. '

Such a run of beautiful sadness... could say too many I... I... I.. but somehow they add to the torrent of need and a return to how things were. Was/is as if a dam has crumbled and your emotions have just flown up and up into the air, to soak the one you need, so desperately. Tears searching for the one who maybe caused them...

Posted 7 Years Ago


Eliot Knight

7 Years Ago

Thankyou for your thoughts
emmajoy

7 Years Ago

I was probably wrong but, did my best.
Eliot Knight

7 Years Ago

Writing is open to interpretation, that's the fun part :)
Critique: (I’m standing alone in rain that never) in a rain

Review: Well done, you hooked me both Sentimentally and emotionally with this story, you had me reminiscing myself. It takes talent to instill an emotion or a feeling on your reader, it is a talent all writers reach for, I give it 5 out of 5 Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Eliot Knight

7 Years Ago

Thankyou, I'm glad it had that effect :)
A sad and beautiful write. Some people touch our heart and we will never forget them. I felt the yearning to see and hear her voice. A touching tribute to a love. A unforgettable face. Thank you for sharing your story and thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


Eliot Knight

7 Years Ago

Thankyou for the kind review
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

You are welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

372 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 23, 2016
Last Updated on September 23, 2016
Tags: memory, lonley, poem, love, friendship, sad, nana, past, fate

Author

Eliot Knight
Eliot Knight

Riyadh , Saudi Arabia



About
In progress... more..

Writing
Night Night

A Story by Eliot Knight



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..