The White Oblivion

The White Oblivion

A Poem by Ellie Howard
"

I'v had the theme of drowning lately. ( and Sallow as in pale, not shallow)

"

The first time I stepped into the white oblivion, 

it was the sea that cast the foam and the wind in my face; 

it was the sallow water that drained me, and left me blue. 

The blue from my cheeks bled through my lips as my fingertips turned noir.

The white oblivion was sheer and obscure. 

The white silence left no noise; it left no melody for my ears to track. The water blackened my eyelids and drew me down farther.

I sank so deep.

The sea swallowed my corpse; it devoured me whole.

When I sank so deep that i lingered under the waves and touched the bottom, 

a light ripped through my corneas.


That was first time I stepped into the white oblivion.

© 2012 Ellie Howard


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

you have drawn a very nice image here, it is an image of water while you are going deeply into it. i really liked this moving image as well as the symbols you have used. nice reading in hot summer times..

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very moving poem. I really like the imagery you use in this poem. Excellent write, I really like it, continue writing :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very interesting poem. Drowning would be a bad death. Struggle with the water then a painful death. I like the description and the way you ended the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Interesting, I like it. Fourth line is my favorite, I think. Keep writing :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ellie Howard

11 Years Ago

why, thankyou

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 13, 2012
Last Updated on October 21, 2012

Author

Ellie Howard
Ellie Howard

San Antonio, TX



About
I'm 16 years old, and i'm in love with writing and literacy education. Writing is one of the only ways, besides my art, where i can express how i feel with confidence. Even though i'm not the religio.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


FIREFLIES FIREFLIES

A Poem by afra