Asunderment

Asunderment

A Poem by Ellie Howard
"

Inspired by the depression i'v felt in the past and now, my feeling and thought of the meaning of death and it's symbolism.

"
They watch and crave…
they cower by the creases in the shadows and cease from earth to live in the black of night.

They are the corpses left unwanted from six feet under.
The sockets of their eyes sunken and willowed, their skin parched. They thirst and lust for the blood to rush back through their veins,
and hunger for the only light remaining in those who breath the acidic air.
My fingers, anemic and weak, lifted the weight of the sorrows left from them.
Their filmed eyes pulled me asunder into the darkness, and engulfed everything that was left of me.
Their fading ashes submerged through my very being and drowned me while seething in the pool of my pitied despair.

The pools sat black; the very pools that flooded through eyes of those who lost compassion and once more, their faith.
The waves crashed against my threshold of sanity and split my soul and time itself into oblivion.

The blood seeped from my fingertips and left through my lips. Cold, and chrome, the knife wielded into my brain, and my state of sweet nirvana, Zen, was pulled away into the bleeding water.

© 2012 Ellie Howard


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Nyx
nice imagery! definitely enjoyable.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow. Wow. WOw. WOW. Crazy amazing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It has a potential to be a beautiful melodic slow song, perhaps something like nightwish. Outstanding!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Such intense imagery. I enjoyed it, but I think my sick side was much more gratified. Thanks for making the monster within me smile and sneer ... I know he's plotting something. Good job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very horrible but nicely written. i have enjoyed reading it

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 19, 2012
Last Updated on May 19, 2012

Author

Ellie Howard
Ellie Howard

San Antonio, TX



About
I'm 16 years old, and i'm in love with writing and literacy education. Writing is one of the only ways, besides my art, where i can express how i feel with confidence. Even though i'm not the religio.. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5