Ivorene

Ivorene

A Poem by Ellie Howard
"

Symbolic "statues" or the perfect humans connecting emotionally to the nature of the world

"

Porcelain Ivory and statuesque, they stand stiff and cold, peaking over gray.

Their skin remains pale and fragile like white parchment on glass. They bathe in sweet lilac and cry tears of bittersweet sugar.

Their marble touch pricks the skin up to my shoulders.

The wind that blows is as hollow as their mouth that beseeches them.

They swallow the ivory that flushes their cheeks, the rose color that leaves their lips, and the fair skin that remains cool.

They swim through ponds of Ivorene and lilac oil, and slumber in waves of silk.

 

© 2012 Ellie Howard


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

To me it's like your talking about statues or something. I really liked the use of your language in this poem. Very thought-provoking.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This one can be also themed as a Nightwish type of a song! Love the way you write, simlply wonderful!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Deep and fascinating, I enjoyed every word of it. It seems so mystical and creatively expressed!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Intrinsically wonderful.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

although i cant get what ivorene is, i have even looked it up in the dictionary but still coudnt find it, your poem sounds really nice

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 19, 2012
Last Updated on May 20, 2012

Author

Ellie Howard
Ellie Howard

San Antonio, TX



About
I'm 16 years old, and i'm in love with writing and literacy education. Writing is one of the only ways, besides my art, where i can express how i feel with confidence. Even though i'm not the religio.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..