State Standard Essay Formatting Rules

State Standard Essay Formatting Rules

A Story by Elizabeth Frick
"

Write essay

"

An essay is a type of essay in which the writer presents a reflection on an issue or event in his or her own words. But before taking up writing such an essay, it is important for the student to get acquainted with the rules of essay formatting. If this is not stipulated in the methodology of the educational institution, it will be necessary to follow how to draw up an essay according to GOST. The correct design and template, what the essay looks like, all this will be told further.

State Standard Essay Formatting Rules


Each educational institution has its own individual requirements and norms regarding how beautifully to design an essay, how many pages should be, what should be the title, title, content, as well as the conclusion and other nuances. If no rules are stipulated, the rules of GOST of a generally accepted nature come into force.


The format of the sheets


The first thing to pay attention to is the format and size of the sheets on which the will be printed. It should necessarily be typed on a computer, the text should be typed in Microsoft Word. Then, once the text is typed and designed according to all the points of GOST, you should print it on an A4 sheet, with the text on one side only.

Parameters of the text


GOST rules are periodically changed and updated, so if there is no sample for the university or other educational institution in the methodological manual, you need to find the latest GOST requirements of the last year of release. The criteria for writing text implies the use of Times New Roman font, the size of letters must be 14 black, and the spacing between them - 1.5. The text is aligned strictly to the width, at the same level is designed red line with an indent of 1.25.

Margins and page numbering


It is obligatory that each page of the essay should be numbered, and continuous numbering is used. The counting should start from the title page, although there is no numbering on it. The pages are identified by Arabic numerals. Each page must have clearly defined margins:

  • left - 30 mm;
  • on the right - 10 mm;
  • bottom and top - 20 mm.
  • The average volume on the page should be 1800-2000 characters, if you follow all of the above rules for the text of the document.

Cover page formatting. Example


To properly execute the title page of the essay, the sample is also taken according to the rules prescribed by GOST. There are several mandatory points on the creation of the title page:

  • At the top of the title page, the name of the educational institution for which the essay is created, as well as its head.
  • Next, the title of the work in large typeface - "Essay" and the subject of the essay in quotation marks.
  • To the right below the topic, the author provides information about himself or herself and his or her tutor.
  • At the bottom center, the city and year of the work is indicated, separated by a space.

Peculiarities of the text part


The text part is the most voluminous item in the rules for the design of essays according to GOST. Here you need to consider all the components of the text part:

Subheadings - the main part of the work from the author may include subheadings, which, according to the rules of the "essay GOST" are in bold type. Start the introduction of the subheading with a capital letter and after the paragraph indentation has been made, and at the end do not put a dot. Also, the underscore line cannot be used on subheadings.

 

  • Graphic material - we are talking about different tables, charts and diagrams. These data should be numbered and indicate the name in the center of the line, for example, Figure 1 - Title, Table 1 - Title. If it is a table, the designation and numbering is at the top, if the figure - at the bottom. Don't know how to decorate your essay? Graphic material will help to do it in the best way.
  • Introduction - any text work implies an introduction, the purpose of which is to briefly introduce the content and interest in the topic. It is important that the introduction and the content have the same logical connection. The introduction does not imply a subheading and is not separated by a page.
  • The main part - to disclose the stated topic should be consistent and logical arguments. The essay welcomes the opinions of experts and scientists, quotations and different cases from practice.

Separately, it is necessary to consider how to design quotations:

 

  • epigraphs - they do not need to be enclosed in quotation marks, the author is indicated at the end without brackets;
  • poems - the lines are arranged in a column without quotation marks (if the poem is written in a line, then the quotation marks are appropriate and there should be punctuation between lines)
  • Sayings of famous people - when quoting the authors, the text is put in quotation marks and the author is given in brackets;
  • utterances of authors - this must be direct or indirect speech, direct speech begins with a capital letter in quotation marks; indirect speech begins with quotation marks, but with a small letter.

Conclusion - any essay on literature, including essays, should end with a logical conclusion. It should outline the problem, briefly recall the judgments from the main body of the text, and summarize all the information with conclusions. Like the introduction, the conclusion does not require a separate subheading and page.

© 2021 Elizabeth Frick


Author's Note

Elizabeth Frick
Good write essey online

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on April 13, 2021
Last Updated on April 13, 2021
Tags: write, paper, essay

Author

Elizabeth Frick
Elizabeth Frick

Tallin, Estonia