Epilogue

Epilogue

A Chapter by Elizabeth Thief

The sun rose over the early morning sky. The lust green landscape was perfectly peaceful, a heaven on Earth.

Outside the homely farmhouse, was a woman sweeping the front stoop. Two young girls were leading a mare to the stables in the back. The littlest one, about eleven, saw us first as we started down the hill. She tugged at the sleeve of her older sister, who was about fourteen. The oldest girl shaded her eyes and squinted at us.

Nicholas smiled broadly, and let go of my hand. Stepping ahead of us, he waved. “

“Nicholas, mon fils! He’s home!” The woman called. The broom dropped and she ran forward, her skirts flying.

“Papa! Nicholas is here!” the oldest girl shouted happily in the house. She also ran forward. Nicholas jogged to meet his mother, and swept her up in a tight embrace. His mother was crying happily, holding her son as if he had come back to life. Nicholas’s mother let go of him long enough to let his sisters to embrace him at once. They laughed, exhilarated as he spun around with them in his arms. His father came out, and ran as fast as he could. He spoke rapidly, taking his only son in, holding him tightly in his sun-browned arms.

Angelo and I hung back, watching the scene. I felt tears come to my eyes but I quickly whipped them away. I was glad we came.

I wasn’t afraid anymore.

No longer did I depend on the darkness for my security. No longer did I have to steal to live.

I had my love, and my family. I had Angelo.

I had Nicholas.

Nicholas glanced at us. He was smiling happier then I have ever seen. His family had seen us and stood, watching us curiously.

Nicholas took my hand and drew us forward. Angelo stayed close to my side, staring shyly at the two girls. He was taller now.

“Papa, mama, this is Angelo and this is Luciana.” He said. “Luciana helped me escape from the Duke. They were both under his control also.”

The woman smiled kindly and stepped forward, taking my hand. “Thank you,” she said. “You brought our son back to us.”

I smiled in return. The man also smiled happily. He said the words that made me feel as happy as he. The words that made my life perfect again.

Bienvenue.” He said. “Welcome to our family. Your family.”

 



© 2009 Elizabeth Thief


Author's Note

Elizabeth Thief
My first book. Tell me what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

it was good, very happy. I like your style of writing alot, and the over all plot is addictave. GOOD!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This does not sound quite right???? " Nicholas's mother let go of him long enough of his sisters to embrace him at once." maybe this would be better? " Nicholas's mother let go of him long enough to let his sisters embrace him at once."

And this sounds strange too "He was smiling so happily then I have ever seen." maybe try "He was smiling happier than I had ever seen."

That was a perfect story Eliza!!! I would try and get this published if I were you.
Thanks for sharing some happy memories.
I will save all this to my fav's.

Kelley



Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 18, 2009
Last Updated on March 11, 2009


Author

Elizabeth Thief
Elizabeth Thief

Ireland



About
Hi!! I'm Elizabeth (Eliza works just fine too, but please not Beth. Ugh) I'm 15 and I am who I am. I'm slightly crazy and weird and wild but that's who I am (ok, maybe a little more than slightly ;D)... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..