Part two

Part two

A Chapter by Ellary™
"

N/A

"

Pt. 2

 

 Mia held her hands tight around her cold, stone like face. She was too afraid to open her eyes, afraid she might not have been dreaming. Her dark eyes slowly but surely flickered open. In front of her was a castle, the kind that would be in little kids story books, with fairies floating around. She stood up, thoroughly convinced that she was dreaming. She walked two steps to the right, and the castle changed. Mia's eyes expanded. It was like one of those holographic stickers. Changing with different angles. On top of the impossible holographic castle, it was utterly freezing outside.

 Mia looked around cautiously, hoping there would be no one in this dream, no one like 'Vincent,' so she kept her eyes alert.

 "Well, if it isn't an outsider!" Mia was looking through the gold, clear eyes of a boy with a crooked smile, and a huge burn scar on the left side of his face. Mia could tell he's had a long journey, and if he had not been so careless, his face would still possess the handsome, childish features it once did. "You know, lucky for you I showed up, if I hadn't there are a lot of people who would like to get their hands on that nice pumper of yours!" He winked with his good eye.

 "W-what do you mean?" Mia pushed her eyebrows together.

 "Your heart? You know -- the one that pumps, your pumper?" The boy looked at Mia skeptically through his eyelashes. "Vincent," he held his hand out to Mia, "Not very often do we get an outsider." He smiled conditionally at Mia, and she looked uneasily at his waiting hand. "Just call me Vinny." He shook his hand a little, as if reminding her that it was there.

 "Mia." Mia took his hand, doubting his guidance. "Call me Mia." She squinted her eyes, but tried to be kind. After all; this is her character she's creating, in her head. There was a long sought out silence, until Mia began to question his authority.

 "Isn't kind of, well, impossible for someone to steal a heart?" Mia looked at him cautiously.

 "Hah! Yea, ask Stayne that, he'll tell you a think or two." Vincent winked at Mia.

 "Stayne, huh?" Mia looked at the ground, just waiting to wake up. She noticed her outfit had changed; instead of old jeans and a 'Red Hot Chilli Peppers' shirt, she wore a black satin dress.

 "Yea, he's another outsider. But unlike you; he didn't have someone when he entered this world to help him around, and to change his name for him." Vincent circled Mia.

 "Why would I want to change my name?"

 "Safety reasons." Vincent left it at that. Mia was wondering how she could convey his voice from the game -- which was very monotone, to the animated voice he now had. Vincent looked at Mia, trying to think of a new name for her.

 "How about," He looked as if he was happy, for finding such a suiting name for Mia, "Tanya?" He looked at Mia for approval.

 "Um, no." Mia looked at him disgustedly. "How about," Mia put her finger on her cheek, as she chewed the inside of it, out of habit, "how about Abri?" Mia smiled, she had always liked uncommon names. "It means, 'Ruler of a mighty nation.'"

 "It's not very fitting, but I guess it will have to do." Vincent shook his head disappointedly. He was aiming for something more like Stephanie. "Now, since you're an outsider, it is my duty to take you to the queen." Vincent shrugged, and tapped his foot. "I guess I have to oblige to her command, but for some reason I don't think she'll take your heart, like she did Stayne. On top of all that, you must not tell her your real name, but at the same time, don't forget your real name, or you can't go home." Vincent looked seriously at Mia. "She can't take your heart if she doesn't know your real name. Now, come." Vincent dragged Mia to the doors of the holographic castle, and knocked violently on the solemn door.

 "This is Vincent, I have an outsider to confront the queen!" The doors opened at his request, and they climbed up what seemed like thousands of stairs.

 They did finally arrive at an absolutely massive, but gorgeous set of doors. Vincent, without hesitation, pushed the masked doors open, to show the waiting queen.

 "You're majesty," Vincent bowed before her. He glanced at Mia to do the same, but she was confused. Next to her was a boy. Stayne, Mia thought.

 His hair was a deep ebony, as was one of his eyes. His eyes made Mia confused, he had one black eye, and one white eye. Some might look at him a little skeptically, but Mia thought he was absolutely stunning. Difference is always what Mia fancied. Next to the Queen's throne was a glass -- bigger then just a cup, but smaller then a jar.

 In it was a golden heart. It wasn't fake, it was defiantly real, but it was gold. Who's heart is that? Mia thought. Maybe the Kings.

 "Come forth, outsider!" The queen demanded. Mia had never been an idiot, and she enjoyed her well-being, so she approached the queen.

 "An outsider?" Stayne's head perked up, and Mia was blown away. His voice seemed to slide right into her ears; like velvet. This must be one of the attributes of being heartless.

 "Oh, sit down Stayne. Just because she's an outsider doesn't mean you have to get all your hopes up about going home -- because that'll never happen." She glared down at the boy, but then turned her bony head back to Mia.

 "What's your name, doll?" The Queen asked.

 "M-" Mia eyes expanded, remembering what Vincent had said. "My name is Abri." Mia looked at the floor in front of her.

 "It would be a shame to take the heart of such a pretty girl," she slowly lifted the glass containing the golden heart, "although, as Stayne's heart goes to show, outsiders have awfully beautiful strong hearts." She observed the heart closely. "The poor people of Saint Grooms have awful purple hearts. Do you see how spectacular this golden heart is, now?" Mia nodded, not wanting to gain any kind of dislike from the Queen. "As for now, I'll keep you in a separate room, I'll debate later weather or not I want your heart." She shrugged, "Stayne, escort this lady to her room." Stayne bowed at the Queen, and began to walk down a long hallway. Mia had a hard time keeping up.

 "Stayne?" Mia asked, as she sped walked to keep up. "Are you completely incapable of being yourself when your heart is gone, or do you still have a clear understanding of who you are?" Mia looked curiously at Stayne.

 "I'd rather die then have to live like this. I feel like I have no control over what I do. Even if I did rebel against the Queen, I couldn't bring myself to so much as run away, just because my heart would still linger here." His face was bleak, and painful as he turned towards Mia. "Whatever you do, don't tell her or I your real name. For your own sake. If I found out your name, I wouldn't be able to control if I told the Queen or not." Stayne opened a door which Mia didn't even notice.

 "Thank you." Mia walked into the room, and Stayne closed it after her.

 



© 2010 Ellary™


Author's Note

Ellary™
Just pretend all the speaking parts are indented. I did indent them, but when I pasted it into the writers cafe box, it wasn't any more.
(: So, w/e.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
Added on September 8, 2010
Last Updated on September 8, 2010


Author

Ellary™
Ellary™

WI



About
Hi I'm ELLARY and I L O V E writing! more..

Writing
The Cure The Cure

A Story by Ellary™


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Ellary™