Part Four

Part Four

A Chapter by Ellary™
"

N/A

"

 

Pt. 4

 

 

 Mia had explained the whole thing to Merrill, but Merrill refused to play the arcade game, thinking it was just one of Mia's tricks.

 "I'm dead serious, Merrill. Cross my heart and hope to die. If you play that game, you'll see me again."

 "What are you going to do? Pop out from behind this wall and laugh at me?" Merrill said, as she peeked behind the wall.

 "Merrill, it's not like that at all. I swear, just play the dang game!" Mia stressfully pushed her hand through her hair, and rested it on the balcony. Stayne had gone, luckily, because Merrill's consistent screaming of 'Mia' hadn't stopped.

 "Fine, I'll play the stupid game. But if you don't magically appear I think i'll have to kill you." Mia smirked, knowing that when Merrill got here, she'd completely forget about that remark.

 A few moments of silence passed over the phone line, as Merrill was contently focusing on the game.

 "Screw this, Mia, nothings happening." Merrill stood up impatiently, and began to walk to the door. Mia heard Merrill drop her phone, and Mia smirked.

 It was only a matter of minutes that Mia heard a knocking on the palace doors. Vincent was Mia's first thought, and she walked from her balcony into her room.

 "Mia, is it?" Mia spun around at the sound of her real name. Stayne was sitting on her bedside, making Mia a little shifty.

 "Oh, so you heard that." Mia shrugged. "My sister tends to be like that."

 "You know intentionally leading someone here is death-worthy." Stayne sighed.

 "I don't see why it matters, it's just a--" Stayne cut her off.

 "Just a dream, huh?" He raised one of his eyebrows. "We'll see what your sister thinks of this dream." The doors of the room flew open, and Merrill stood there, glancing around the room anxiously.

 "Merrill!" Mia called to her, but Merrill seemed to be too absorbed by everything else to have enough attention span to also hear Mia. "Aw, s**t." Mia mumbled, after she realized she had basically just handed them her sister's name. "Did I say Merrill?" Mia improvised, "how stupid of me to forget my own sisters name..." Mia chewed at the back of her cheek.

 "No, y-y-you had it r-r-right." It took Merrill several tries to finally spit out what she was trying to say, because of her nerve. Mia face-palmed. Why is that when ever someone tries to improvise, the one whose life is at stake denies it!

 "Wow, Merrill. Nice work." Mia said sarcastically. "Now tell me, this is a dream right?" Mia glanced at Stayne and back at the guards holding her sister hostage.

 "No! This certinally is not!" Merrill half screamed, at least now trying to wiggle her way out of the guard's threshold instead of being a walking dead girl. Ugh! Mia though, She's giving Stayne exactly what he wants!

 Mia isn't a people pleaser. In fact, she tends to shy away from what people want. She'd rather see them displeased instead of pleased, something everyone hated about her. But because they didn't like it that way, Mia had to keep it that way, of coarse.

 She saw Stayne smirk from the corner of her eye.

 "Shut-up, Stayne. Go help your little Queen take our hearts." Mia crossed her arms.

 "I cant. When I say 'name,' I need the full package. Middle and last included." Stayne stood up, and walked towards Merrill. He shooed off the guards, and helped Merrill up. She quickly backed away from him. Probably terrified of his scars and different colored eyes. Mia relaxed a little, middle and last names don't come up as often as first ones do.

 Merrill scampered over to Mia like a mouse running from a cat. Stayne let his broad shoulders drop once the girls were out of his touching range.

 "Twins?" Stayne questioned once he looked at them side by side.

 "Yea, so what?" Mia said, in her defence.

 "You don't have to get all defencei-"

 "I'M NOT GETTING DEFENSIVE!" Mia's heart rate increased. She was becoming a little more paranoid with the constant uncertainty if this all was real, or fake.

 "Seme' down there, bessie." Stayne smirked.

 "What was that?" Mia threatened him without quite saying it.

 "Okay, calm down you two-" Merrill said in her high voice. "I'm sure there's a way we can all agree... Like, what's your favorite color?"

 "Purple." They said in unison.

 "It was my favorite first." Mia jerked her head to the side.

 "Yea right." Stayne rolled his eyes.

 "Seriously, It's been my favorite color since like, 3rd grade."

 "Oh, really? When I was born, I was wrapped in a purple blanket and my Mom said I imediatly showed a favor for the color."

 "Isn't purple a bit gay for a baby boy?" Mia half laughed.

 "I like girls." Stayne answered shortly.

 "Prove it." Mia pushed her eyebrows together. "Because it doesn't seem like your all too fond of me."

 "I said girls, idiot."

 "You shut-up!" Mia yelled.

 "YOU TWO ARE ACTING LIKE FOUR YEAR OLDS! Look, we're kind of trapped in a video game, and NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO BE BIKERING OVER SOMETHING STUPID LIKE A FAVORITE COLOR OR WHAT SEX YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO!" Stayne and Mia went silent. They were all thrust into an awkward situation, now that Merrill had yelled at them.

 "She started it." Stayne mumbled. Merrill seemed to be steaming now.

 "Just for the record, it's you who asked us." Mia turned her head towards Merrill. Merrill took a deep breath, and exhaled. Her breathing was shaky from the frustration.

 "Now, lets all just calm down." Merrill closed her eyes.

 "You're the only one whose freaking out." Mia accused. Merrill's eyes clicked open, apparently already for her next round of lecturing.



© 2010 Ellary™


Author's Note

Ellary™
Oh-hoho. I love how childish I randomly decided to make Mia and Stayne. I was really hoping to get some more Vincent in this chapter, but I think that'll be in part 5. (:

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
Added on September 9, 2010
Last Updated on September 9, 2010


Author

Ellary™
Ellary™

WI



About
Hi I'm ELLARY and I L O V E writing! more..

Writing
The Cure The Cure

A Story by Ellary™


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Ellary™