Frost

Frost

A Story by oh,hey.

The harsh frost covered the ground like a blanket of protection; quickly it spread like burning wildfire taking everything in its sights prisoner to its cold icy jail. As I stared out the window sorrowfully, my hand daringly reached out and cautiously touched the frozen window. The ice burned through my hand, up my thin arm and down my back making my whole body unexpectedly shiver and I quickly snatched it away.  My eyes looked eagerly at the fresh frost lying on the ground, the new air just floating around excitedly, the frost that was just waiting to be crunched… but suddenly my heart sank; all I could do was gape longingly at the welcoming look of the frost, I could only think about my blissful memories playing in the frost and I could dream that I would ever get the courage to go outside again.

© 2013 oh,hey.


Author's Note

oh,hey.
I don't know if I should give more away about their story/character
or should I just let the reader decide
opinions to improve please

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
interesting almost reads as if burned by love.... very interesting

Posted 10 Years Ago


I know it's been said, but this is good enough to stand on its own. The reader can always imagine a new reason this person is afraid to go outside. It could be the snow, a new experience, or another person. :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like it how it ended even it is sad but still his faith still there. great write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Let the reader decide! It's really interesting to read this, and then afterwards let your mind play around with it... Good job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like it. Simple is good 8D

Posted 11 Years Ago


Short, sweet, and simple. I like it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I think of the many cold winters, well they were cold to me, spent in my mother's beat up car waiting for her and for the car to warm up. Radio playing that eighties music and the windows caked with frost. Darkness still blanketed the valley in her seclusion for at least the next hour, but for me those few minutes shared with Hall and Oates, frost and the dead of winter are forever etched in my brain.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is one big metaphor...I like it. Sure, there is the girl, afraid to go outside into the snow even though it is inviting, but on a deeper level there is a person who is afraid to take that step toward something that looks dangerous or scary. I quite liked reading this in a lot of ways. It could do with a little editing...go through and take out all the unnecessary words to tighten it up, for instance in the first line you could begin with "Harsh frost covered the ground like a blanket of protection", and it would be more in your face beautiful. Also, a few little punctuation issues. Overall, though I can appreciate the sentiment here, and I like the "deeper meaning" feel.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Interpretation is as individual as fingerprints, each will be effected by this in their own way. Maybe leave it at that and hear what folks say.

Posted 11 Years Ago


let it stand as is...it takes a clever and skilled writer to let the reader feel the work in his own particular idiom. you have shown true skills herein. well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


oh,hey.

11 Years Ago

ok i will, thankyou!
quinfinn

11 Years Ago

welcome

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

717 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 12, 2013
Last Updated on March 12, 2013
Tags: frost, cold, courage, short, story, reviews, dream, could, wish

Author

oh,hey.
oh,hey.

Cambs, Peterborough, United Kingdom



Writing
Deathly Free Deathly Free

A Story by oh,hey.


Screams Screams

A Poem by oh,hey.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..