The War: I ~ The Farewell

The War: I ~ The Farewell

A Story by Elliot B.
"

I hope that I will write many such stories as this, describing my time away from the people I love.

"
"I will return!" I shouted, half of me straining out of the train car as it pulled from the station. My voice melted so much into the hubbub that I doubt she heard. This bloody war had separated so many families already, and now it was my turn to be separated from mine. An end to the war was not in sight, but was undoubtedly marching closer. The goal for which I was fighting waved her handkerchief as the train station glided further away, until all I could see was a red speck in a sea of black umbrellas. "I will return," I whispered to myself. "I will return." 
8/2/17

© 2017 Elliot B.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The bloody war has separated so many families.....now it's my turn to be separated from mine. That sentence captures the mind set of so many a nations youth being sucked into conflict they didn't cause, nicely done. You left me wondering if he returns. Well done.

Posted 6 Years Ago


sad... I love it

Posted 6 Years Ago


Elliot B.

6 Years Ago

Thank you! =)
Battles and battle..........
'I will return' the words said by him can show different kind of intent determination, resolve, false hope....

Small event taken from reality with big meaning.....
Nice work.............................

Posted 6 Years Ago


Elliot B.

6 Years Ago

Thank you very much! I appreciate your willingness to read my "work."

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 2, 2017
Last Updated on August 9, 2017
Tags: No. 1, I Will Return, the farewell

Author

Elliot B.
Elliot B.

Lasalle, IL



About
I'm not a real serious writer of stories or anything like that, I just put down ideas that I have in my mind. more..

Writing
The Forest The Forest

A Story by Elliot B.