The Cathedral

The Cathedral

A Story by Elliot B.
"

No matter how small you feel, you are heard...

"
I push the door. The old hinges creak as the heavy door sways open. 
The church is vacant, and the sound of my footsteps echo throughout even the choir loft. The towering ceilings make me feel as insignificant as a mite. I am but one. I am alone. This emptiness is overwhelming. 
My quietest whisper is made audible to every corner of the building. Although my prayer is but mine alone, God can hear it. He can and does hear me as well as He would hear an army, crying out in unison, "save us, save us!" But even so. I am alone. "Save her, save her" I whisper.  

© 2017 Elliot B.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is what I call a little "slice of life" piece, and they are one of my favorite kinds of writing. My formula: compact, concise and complete.

To "solve" the formula, there are no names, few descriptions but what gives the piece its flavor, and nothing else is needed or necessary.

Mission Accomplished.


Posted 6 Years Ago


Elliot B.

6 Years Ago

Thank you! I appreciate your review!
It was amazing. The emotions were palpable. One can really feel connected.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Elliot B.

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
Nice twist...until last sentence... Nice workelliot b


Posted 6 Years Ago


Elliot B.

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reading! I'm a little confused by what you mean. Could you elaborate?

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
3 Reviews
Added on August 4, 2017
Last Updated on August 10, 2017

Author

Elliot B.
Elliot B.

Lasalle, IL



About
I'm not a real serious writer of stories or anything like that, I just put down ideas that I have in my mind. more..

Writing
The Forest The Forest

A Story by Elliot B.