The Dream

The Dream

A Story by Elliot B.
"

Unlike most of my other stories, this one is real... I only marginally exaggerated details to make the telling of the story more poetic.

"
I had a recurring dream when I was young, one that has stuck with me for all of my life. I still remember it as well as if it were last night's dream. My daddy and I would be walking through the busy streets of Chicago, and as the dream would progress, he would get further and further ahead of me. I would call out, but he would not turn. As we approached a busy intersection, the light turned green and the"WALK" symbol appeared. As I got nearer to the intersection, "DO NOT WALK" symbol began to flash. The light turned red and the light stopped flashing. I could not cross. I called for my daddy, but he did not hear. As he got further away, I realized that no scream could reach his ears. I just watched him walk on, his back turned on me. 
Thankfully this was only a dream. My father has never turned his back on me in my life. My dream however is a sad reality for many poor children in the world. I was blessed to have a father who would turn around when he heard me cry his name. Some fathers just keep walking. 

© 2017 Elliot B.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a major problem of present society.........
Hope children dreams have ambitions,
Not sadness and tensions...

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
1 Review
Added on August 12, 2017
Last Updated on August 12, 2017

Author

Elliot B.
Elliot B.

Lasalle, IL



About
I'm not a real serious writer of stories or anything like that, I just put down ideas that I have in my mind. more..

Writing
The Forest The Forest

A Story by Elliot B.