Why I Seldom Eat at Chick fil A

Why I Seldom Eat at Chick fil A

A Poem by Elton Camp
"

The owner needs to keep his religion and business separate.

"

Why I Seldom Eat at Chick fil A

 

By Elton Camp

 

They once had relatively good stuff

Lately, their chicken’s rubbery & tough

 

Food that is fried is, for health, not best

Filled with sodium as many of the rest

 

The service is often tending to slow

So it’s not my favorite place to go

 

The owner’s “holy” attitude I also hate

Business & religion he should separate

 

The true Sabbath certainly is Saturday

Not on Sunday as he does wrongly say

 

Gay marriage I cannot really endorse

My views on others I don’t try to force

 

Many folks he has managed to alienate

Who refuse to eat food served with hate

 

He needs to learn what is or isn’t his concern

That way, a respectable name in business earn

 

© 2012 Elton Camp


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love Chick-fil-A, it is by far the best fast food restaurant I've ever been to. The food is great, and the service is excellent. Yes, they are closed on Sundays, the Sabbath, the day of rest, and I applaud that. Saturday is the Sabbath for Jewish people, and if they closed their businesses on Saturdays, I would be fine with that, as well. For many people, religion doesn't "separate" from their lives; doing so would make them fake. I've seen videos of fast food workers deliberately doing disgusting things with people's food. Talk about hate.

Posted 6 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
CBH
I disagree. He is practicing freedom of religion, and I think that it is sweet that he is closed on Sundays. And about the gay thing, get over yourself. I'm not saying that I approve, I really don't care, but he's saying what he feels, and there's nothing wrong with that. At least he didn't lie, and say "I love gay people! And lesbians!", just to keep business. He was honest. And he wasn't rude, he just said, "I don't support it." and then suddenly everyone hates the poor guy. Again, I'm not saying I don't support of same sex marriage, or that I do. It goes against my religon, and would hate if my brother was gay, but people should be allowed to gain their rights of marriage, and love who they want, so I'm inbetween on it. But you don't have to hate chic-fil-a for the owner's beliefs. Hate them for the taste of their food, or something. By the way, chic-fil-a is my favorite place to eat out, soooooooooooooooo, yeah.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

349 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 2, 2012
Last Updated on August 2, 2012
Tags: bigotry

Author

Elton Camp
Elton Camp

Russellville, AL



About
I am retired from college teaching/administration and writing as a hobby. My only "publications" are a weekly column in our local newspaper. Most of my writing is prose, but I do produce some "poetr.. more..

Writing