Carry On My Wayward Son

Carry On My Wayward Son

A Story by Brandy
"

I wrote this for a friend of mine on Deviant Art who lately needs a pick me up. She loves supernatural so I wrote Destiel. :D

"
I sighed as I walked into the nursery of our house. I smiled looking down at our sleeping daughter Mary Evelyn. I smiled as I watched her sleep. Our little angel. She looks so much like her father. She has his black hair and blue eyes. A replica so to speak. I gently ran my fingers over her cheek. She stirred a bit then calmed again. We had named her after my mother, it only seemed fitting. “Dean what are you doing? Let her sleep.” I jumped a bit hearing my husband. I didn’t realize he was in the room. 

“It’s just so weird... She was inside me for how many months Cas. Now she’s here and so adorable. I don’t want to leave her side.” I said with a smile as I looked at him. He walked over and I kissed him. “I don’t want to sleep without her. It feels weird after so long.” 

“I understand but she is asleep and you need to be. You just gave birth this morning. Now come on. If she needs anything she’ll wake us.” I nodded and sighed. I soon enough gave in. “Good. Come on love.” I walked with him to our room. We were living in Bobby’s old house now. Sam has his own room down the hall. We moved in after we learned about little Mary. 

We didn’t exactly stop hunting either. Sam and Cas go out and do it while I stay home and care for Mary. I mean the world needs us. Saving people, hunting things, the family business. That’s the way it goes. I sighed as I lay down and Cas snuggled to my side. “Love you Cas.” 

“Love you Dean.” He kissed me and we snuggled falling asleep.

I groaned as I ran and puked in the bathroom of the sleazy motel we stayed in that night. I sat there trying to get my body back to normal as I trembled from the moment of puking up what seemed like my intestines. Finally, I was able to stand. I flushed the toilet and went to wash the bitter taste from my mouth. I looked over and saw Sam in the doorway. “What?” 

“You ok? You’ve been doing that a lot lately Dean. That is not normal. Not for you.”  I shrugged. “Did you get food poisoning from a burger or something?” 

“Burgers are my friends Sammy. They would never do that to me.” I said walking past him and grabbing a beer. 


I sighed as Cas snuggled to me in his sleep. I smiled snuggling back and fell asleep with him. I woke the next morning to Mary crying. I got up with a yawn and went to her. “Hey. Calm down. Mommy’s here.” I said as I grabbed her. I sat with her in the rocker and kissed her head as I unbuttoned my shirt and started to feed her. “There you go. That’s better huh baby?” I rubbed her back as she ate. I started rocking back and forth and singing to her. 

Carry on my wayward son 
There'll be peace when you are done 
Lay your weary head to rest 
Don't you cry no more 

Once I rose above the noise and confusion 
Just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion 
I was soaring ever higher 
But I flew too high 

Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man 
Though my mind could think I still was a mad man 
I hear the voices when I'm dreaming 
I can hear them say 

Carry on my wayward son 
There'll be peace when you are done 
Lay your weary head to rest 
Don't you cry no more 

Masquerading as a man with a reason 
My charade is the event of the season 
And if I claim to be a wise man, well 
It surely means that I don't know 

On a stormy sea of moving emotion 
Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean 
I set a course for winds of fortune 
But I hear the voices say 

Carry on my wayward son 
There'll be peace when you are done 
Lay your weary head to rest 
Don't you cry no more 
No! 

Carry on, you will always remember 
Carry on, nothing equals the splendor 
Now your life's no longer empty 
But surely heaven waits for you 

Carry on my wayward son 
There'll be peace when you are done 
Lay your weary head to rest 
Don't you cry (don't you cry no more)


I looked up as I heard someone coming. I smiled seeing Sam. “Hey.” 

“Hey. She ok? Could hear her all the way outside in the garage and heard her. She has lungs of steel.” I laughed as he sat on the floor in front of me. 

I smiled. “She’s ok. Just hungry. She takes after me. Always wants to eat. I can imagine her with a burger in her mouth at the age of 2.” I sighed as he laughed. “What? You think she’s gonna be like you and want salad? She’s not a rabbit Sam. She’s a mighty T-Rex.” 

Sam laughed harder. “You do not look like a mighty T-Rex right now Dean. You look like a gentle kitten.” I gasped and kicked at him. “Hey! Watch it you ox.” I just shook my head. “Anyway! Need anything? I’m cooking breakfast this morning.” 

“No bunny chow Sam. I am not a rabbit.” He laughed and stood saying nothing as he walked off. “I MEAN IT SAM!!!” I sighed as he went downstairs. “Your uncle is seriously part rabbit Mary. He has no idea the joys of meat.” She didn’t pay attention. She just kept eating like I forgot to feed her for a day or 3. 

I had started gaining weight and it was getting harder and harder to hide. We haven’t heard from Cas in about 5 months now. Then he just randomly appeared in the back seat of the Impala. I noticed him and swerved pulling onto the side of the road. I put the  Impala in park and we looked back at him. “Where have you been? We have called for you many times and you don’t show and now you’re just here?! What the hell Cas?!” 

“I am sorry Dean but I was not allowed to see you til now. They finally let me loose so I could tell you something.” He said sitting there. 

“Tell me what Cas? That earth is gonna implode? That tomorrow is my last day on earth? I don’t want to hear it..”  I turned away from him. 

“Cas what is it?” Sam asked in his normal manner. 

“Dean is pregnant with my child.” I looked back at him in shock. “He is at the moment 4 months and 2 weeks pregnant with my and his child.” He said sounding cool and collected. His normal monotone way of speaking. 

I got out of the car and yanked him out. “What the f**k are you talking about?! I am not pregnant with anyone’s child! I can’t be. Men do not get pregnant Cas. Women do. And I sure as f**k am not a woman.” 

“It is possible Dean. You are living proof. At this very moment our child is growing inside you. That is why you are gaining weight, eating more often, getting mad more often, and also being tired more often. Our child is growing inside you waiting for you to bring him or her into the world in 5 months.” He put a hand on Dean’s stomach and smiled feeling the presence within. “A miracle to behold.” 

I pushed his hands away and backed off from him. “Lemme guess. I became an angel’s guinea pig?” He went to speak and I stopped him. “Why did I get no memo about this huh? I am tired of this s**t Cas! This is not how things work! You ask not just impregnate! This is wrong on so many levels!” 

“Dean I am sorry. I had as much of a choice in this as you. I didn’t choose for this to happen but it did. Now calm down before you harm the child.” I fought the urge to punch him but refrained.

Sam sighed. “Dean be nice to him. He’s a victim just like you.” 

“Shut up Sam. You’re not the one who at the moment is carrying a child without their permission. You are not the one who was violated!” I got in the impala and left them both in a cloud of dust.


I walked downstairs and smiled seeing Cas reading the newspaper as Sam cooked. “Hey babe. Someone wants her daddy.” Cas looked over with and smile as he put his paper down. I handed Mary to him and he kissed her cuddling her close. 

“Hi Mary. How’s my girl huh? Did you sleep well? Eat well? You woke a lot last night.” He smiled as she grabbed his hand and suckled his finger. “Aww. That’s my baby. You’re so sweet.” I smiled just watching him play with her. 

I sat down and Sam put an omelet in front of me. “What is in this?” 

“Bunny pellets. Just eat the damn thing jeez man.” I laughed and took a bite of it. I moaned as I tasted it. “Sammy this is amazing!” I smiled and ate more. I was acting like it was the last food item on the face of the earth. 

I sighed as I sat in a motel room with Sam. I’m now 8 months along and still hiding from Cas. I’m still quite pissed with him. How could he not find some way to warn me that this was happening. I really think he did this on purpose to piss me off. I growled and sighed rolling onto my back. My whole body is sore. I can’t even feel my feet anymore due to the weight of this baby. I tried to get comfortable but it was impossible. I sighed and groaned sitting up. Sam was at the store and I was alone. 

I sat cross-legged and turned on the tiny in room TV. I found an old TV rerun and decided to give it a go. I sat watching it when I felt the baby kicking. I looked down at my stomach and sighed. I have to admit over the past few months I’ve grown to love him or her. I mean what parent would not love their child? I know I will love my child forever. I heard the flap of angel wings and knew Cas was in the room. I decided to ignore him as I rubbed the mammoth globe known as my stomach. “What are you doing baby huh? Uncle Sammy will be back with food soon. I promise.” I kept rubbing my belly. “He went to get us pie and cheeseburgers and onion rings. You like that? Huh?” I smiled as I got a kick in reward. 

“Dean.” I looked up at him with a scowl. “We need to talk.” 

“No we don’t. Now get out of here.” I said curtly and looked at my stomach again. I rubbed my stomach and then he decided to touch my stomach. I got up, pinned him to a wall, and held an angel blade to his throat all in one swift motion. “Did I give you permission to even touch me Castiel? Did I?!” 

He stood there passively. “Dean let me go. I did not try to harm you.” 

“And I never gave you permission to even touch me you overgrown feather duster!” I shoved the blade harder against his throat but backed off. No matter how pissed I was at him he did help create my child. I put the blade away and sat again. “Do not touch me unless I give permission first. Am I clear?” Castiel nodded. “Now what do you want?” 

Cas sighed. “I want to talk to you and spend time with you and our child. You cannot deny me the opportunity to make a connection with my child Dean.” I sighed and nodded. He sat before me and reached his hand out. “May I?” I nodded knowing he would touch my stomach. I tried to focus on something else as he did so. But I have to admit it felt good when he touched it. Felt right… I sighed relaxing and enjoying it. 


I let Cas stay as you can see. He lives with us now. I delivered Mary in the back of the Impala as Sam drove towards a hospital. She was 9 pounds and 13 ounces. She was also 21 inches tall. My big girl. Luckily my drinking in the very beginning of my pregnancy did nothing to her. Now we’re a happy healthy family. 

~FIN~

© 2013 Brandy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 26, 2013
Last Updated on May 26, 2013
Tags: mpreg, pregnancy, baby, birth, supernatural, dean, sam, castiel, destiel

Author

Brandy
Brandy

NJ



About
I'm a girl who loves to write during her free time which is most of the time sadly. I write things that are out of the normal like male pregnancy and vampires. The normal ideas aren't always my best f.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Brandy