Blank Paper Heart

Blank Paper Heart

A Poem by I Am Svetlana

Without you...
my heart is like blank paper,
making it seem acceptable
for the heartless
to scribble all over.

I want the world
to stay silent
as I wish to reside
within our surprise connection.
You left a mark only I could see.

A life without you
would seem like being
lost in a fire, scorching
by your every word
which didn't mean a thing.

With a violent fear
of failure, I would forget
to follow your soul...
the only thing that etched
a prize-winning novel
upon my blank paper heart.

© 2016 I Am Svetlana


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The first and the last stanza's blew my mind they are my favourite. Good job :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


I love the comparison of the heart and a blank sheet of paper!!!! Great poem.

- Cyprian

Posted 7 Years Ago


I like the poem. Any time we can evoke a blank sheet of paper, considering we are writers, that is cool. I am a visceral sort, so I like any piece of literature that evokes emotion of any kind. This piece does that. :-)

Posted 7 Years Ago


You have some neat metaphor and wording going on in this piece. I thoroughly enjoyed it from the first line to the last. Great job! :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Like the honesty you paint.
Your soulmate, all that's needed in this world of strife.
May your blank paper heart keep beating.

Posted 7 Years Ago



I want the world
to stay silent
as I wish to reside
within our surprise connection.
You left a mark only I could see.

Loved the poem and especially the above lines......
Sometimes we learn to live with that special connection even if they decide to move on.... we love to hold on to those special threads which made us feel special ....thanks for sharing this wonderful write.... May your heart be filled with sunshine :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


This is pretty good, cool concept. A blank paper heart, you can write another name or just leave it blank.
Nice poem.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Guess lost love or maybe misplaced love really can leave marks on one's fragile blank paper heart. It lies inside wet with tears, hears the noise of a trembling heart.. just as you infer in your beautiful poem.

Perhaps the experiences, the mixed emotions, the lessons learned have their uses at some point.. not always of course... that 'prize-winning novel' becomes proof of survival... perhaps.

Fine writing, wrapped in a sadness but somehow.. hopeful..

Posted 7 Years Ago


This reminds me of my poem called write your story on my heart. It has a simular storyline.
This was beautiful, had depth and great meaning to it. I also think it was full of emotion and written from your heart. I really liked the start of this poem.
Without you...
my heart is like blank paper,
making it seem acceptable
for the heartless
to scribble all over.
I think that was cleverly written, because without him your heart belongs to no one and people can hurt you, so they scribble all over your heart, is what I think you meant by that.
This was also quite romantic, in a way.
I really liked this poem. Keep on writing :)

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1622 Views
33 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 7, 2016
Last Updated on August 7, 2016

Author

I Am Svetlana
I Am Svetlana

Madison, WI



About
"If you cannot write well; you cannot think well; if you cannot think well, other's will do your thinking for you." -Oscar Wilde Hello all, my name is Emily Svetlana! I am 30 years old and wo.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Couplet~ Couplet~

A Poem by lightsong