Lithium

Lithium

A Chapter by EmaleighLynn
"

Inspired by Evanescence's "Lithium." Warning: It's depressing.

"

LITHIUM


She stroked the blankets lying around her, closing dulled blue eyes that were once so bright. She didn’t see Lora standing before her, didn’t seem to notice anything. Lora choked down a sob. She couldn’t cry, not here, not know.


She studied Jasmine, her eyes, the same shade of blue as her sister’s, finding every imperfection. Jasmine’s black hair was unwashed and uncombed, falling in greasy strands around her face. Her skin was pale, sickly. She was too skinny. Lora pulled her coat around her shoulders. It wasn’t exactly cold in the ward, but Lora had a serious case of the chills.


She sat down on the edge of Jasmine’s bed, reaching out to gently lay her hand on her sister’s. “Hello Jaz.” she said, her voice quiet. She didn’t know why, but she felt that the silence in the room should not be broken.


Jasmine’s eyes opened, and she frowned at Lora. “Who?” she whispered. Her voice cracked over the words, and Lora felt tears prick at the corners of her eyes.


“It’s me,” she said, “It’s Lora, your sister. Don’t you remember?”


Jasmine tilted her head, opening her eyes wider. “Nooooo.” she said, “Are you real?”


That was all Lora could take. She stood up abruptly, stumbling back from Jasmine’s bed. “I...” She found she couldn’t speak; she couldn’t stay a moment longer.


She turned and ran.


© 2014 EmaleighLynn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
Added on October 3, 2014
Last Updated on October 3, 2014
Tags: evanescence, lithium, depressing, songs


Author

EmaleighLynn
EmaleighLynn

Columbia, SC



About
Wow, it's been a while since I did anything here. God. I'm sorry. I've been writing since eighth grade. I'm a freshman in college now (wtf). I write fiction (books, short stories) and a LOT of poet.. more..

Writing
Winged Winged

A Story by EmaleighLynn