Wine & Blueberries

Wine & Blueberries

A Poem by Emily Filkins

It was one of those days where voices would be melted into the summer wind, and the sky had a unique color of wine & blueberry, colors so soft and beautiful, it looked like God had made them himself - only for this special summer evening.
The kind of evening that rests in your memory and collects dust, but some how stays as warm and peaceful as the day you created such a memory.
Delicate, could describe the sense that you felt when summer bled around your fingertips and shoulders, as you swayed and just became another sound in the air, like the wind caressing the trees.
It was the kind of day that was beautiful. Not nice or bright, just beautiful.
You could have a whole row of sunny warm days right next to it... But it wouldn't be the same.
It was the kind of day where you would set your brain on the kitchen table, go outside and lay in the grass, and wait for the stars.
It was the kind of evening that even though the sun would be gone, everything still lit up when you looked at it.
The kind of evening that left you feeling creative, and when the creativity left - so would you.

© 2012 Emily Filkins


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

There are some really great descriptions in here that are sometimes hard to capture. A few of these lines would fit nicely into a prose like a short story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

331 Views
1 Review
Added on July 17, 2012
Last Updated on July 17, 2012