It Gets Better

It Gets Better

A Story by Emilia Dyrda
"

This book is about a girl named Shakuna who gets bullied, then on falls in love with a guy whos name is Haru.. It gets more interesting.. just read the story to find out :) First person point of view.

"

Emilia

1-11-15

It Gets Better

Hi there, i'm Shakuna and It is going to be my first day of school tomorrow (7-2-17) since I was home schooled for my entire life. Oh, im 15 and i'm also attending high school but i'm very frightened that i'm not going to be liked by anyone. “Go to sleep this instant! Its 7:00  and you should be in bed by now you it you little snooty rat!” That was my mom and technically the example of my life, shes a single mom and doesn't exactly care about me.

I smelled colon all the way from down stairs and I knew that it wasn't my moms. I heard a guy walking into the house but I couldn't figure out who is was by the voice so I slowly started to tiptoe down the steps and look at him. He looked like a high school guy, brown hair and black clothes, he looked like he was trying to hide from something or maybe even someone. They started speaking about me, “I will pay you $100 to spread rumors about my daughter, I want her to be treated the way that i used to be treated when I was younger but that's all I got, I can't go anymore higher because i need to take care of myself, I only get paid $10 an hour,” my mother said. What was my mom talking about?!?! She told me she gets paid $4 an hour, she lied to me so she won't have to spend any money on me, I was heart broken. “ I’ll take it and starting tomorrow i will do anything you want me to do with her.” The highschooler whispered while he was stuttering, it looked like he was scared.I ran up into my room hoping that no one has heard me, but i was wrong she heard me. “Shakuna! You are in big trouble, get your butt down here this instant!” I was trying to pretend I was asleep but I didn't think it worked, she ran upstairs,  pushed me off my bed and yelled at me, I felt so hurt when she said all those hurtful things to me. I jumped into my bed crying and trying to forget about what i heard.


I finally fell asleep with nightmares in my dreams. My nightmares were telling me that it was all my fault, that I caused this, but i couldn't believe it. Then I woke up but saw on the clock that it said 5:00 a.m. which meant I have two hours until school started. I tried to fall back asleep, it was kind of working but then of course something had to ruin it. Ring, Ring, Ring, my moms phone went off and scared me so much that i couldn't go back to sleep. It was 5:45 and since I couldn't go to sleep I thought that I should take my moms makeup and put some on so when i go to school so I won't look humiliated. I tiptoed into my moms bathroom and took the makeup, i'm so glad that I didn't get caught. I went into the bathroom and put the makeup on, it took me half an hour but to be honest I thought I looked really good. I got dressed with my snooty, old clothes but the problem was that my mom wouldn't buy me anymore clothes, she thinks i have enough but I don't. I have a couple of clothes but they are very ugly and I can’t do anything about it, I can't get a job because every time I try to sign up for a job, the stupid application needs a parents signature and when I ask my mom she always says no, I can't do anything about it.

I had to leave for the bus since it was 6:30 and the bus was going to my bus stop in 5 minutes. The bus came and i'm so glad i didn't miss it, i hopped onto the bus and off we went. It took 10 minutes to get to school and when we finally got there, I was happy until these high schoolers called me an ugly, stupid little girl. I didn't care what they said about me until we got to our homeroom class. The class was very loud, I could hear the class while I was walking to it and it was very noisey but then when I walked in, it stopped. I suspected this to happen for when my ugly face walked into the classroom, everyone would look at me and laugh, thats what happened after 5 seconds of silence ness.

“Class, Class please stop laughing and take your seats!” The teacher yelled.

“How are we supposed to stop Laughing, have you seen her face it looks like she got hit by a bolder, have you seen her clothes? !” The class said while laughing very hard.

“Yes I have seen her clothes and they're horrible, her face is too but we can't announce, now everyone take your seats.” the teacher exclaimed.

I didn't know what to think, I knew that I was ugly but I didn't know that I was that ugly that the teacher would even announce it. I was crying but the teacher then announced, “Now come and take your seat.” I walked to the first empty spot which was next to this girl named Aliya, she was the most popularist person in the school.

“Eww, I don't want to sit next to her! Shes an ugly, stupid, poor little girl!” She yelled.

“First of all, I'm 15 years old, the same age as you! I'm glad you don't like me because your

an ugly snooty girl so bye!” I yelled back at her, I wasn't really thinking of what i said, I have anger issues and I just blurred words out my mouth. “What did you just say to me?!? Nobody talks to me like that! You will pay! I repeat, you will pay!” She pushed me off my chair and told another girl to sit with her, one of her popular group friends. Since all of the seats were taken, I had to sit on the floor.

“Now everyone, form a circle and say our names one by one. I'm going to close my eyes

and pick someone to start us off. You start,” The teacher announced.

“My name is Ben.”

“My name is Aliya, the best girl in the school.”

“I'm Haru.”

“I'm Sha..kun..a.” I stuttered. I was afraid that people would laugh at me and that's exactly what happened.

“Oh My Gosh, her name is Shakuna!” The class yelled and then laughed without hesitation.

“ Why are u guys so rude just stop, shes just like the rest of us.” Haru said.

I appreciated what he did for me, it made me grateful but at the same time I was so sad that nobody can appreciate me for the way I am. I just got suspicious and notices Haru, he looked like that guy that came to my house, Oh My Gosh is that him!?!? No it can't be, he seems so nice though, he even stuck up for me.

It was time for lunch time and nobody would let me sit with them so I had to sit on the floor next to the trash can while everyone else was sitting comfortably laughing at me. I snuck out of school early because i was really sad of everything that had happened, it took me 15 minutes to get back home but it was worth it. Once i walked into my house, my mom was laying on the couch, sleeping like usual. I ran upstairs into my room and cried on my pillow, why am I  so hated at school? Im not anymore different than anyone else, I'm the same as any other person, I'm also human.

A couple months passed and right now it is 3-22-18. i'm still getting bullied but it has gotten even worse, now I get hit by others and Haru stopped standing up for me and just not doing anything, it looks like  he doesn't even care. Why is he doing this to me, what if he is the guy that my mom paid? I waited in the locker room until Haru left his things there so I can look threw them to find his phone. He finally left, I looked for his phone, I went threw his messages and I found my moms number so I checked what they were talking about…

Haru - “I don't want to do this to her anymore, I like her, shes a pretty, nice girl.”

My Mother - “Your useless and weak you can't do anything, I need someone so much better that you. If you fall in love with my daughter, well you do not want to know what is going to happen haru,  I will…. don't make me finish that sentence.”

Haru - “I understand, but i can't stop how i feel about her she a beautiful girl, im to shy to tell her, I stopped talking to her a long time ago too though.”

My Mother - “Reread what I sent you…..>:(”

Haru- “I understand you but to be honest shes a beautiful, young lady and doesn't deserve you, I L…..”

Someone was coming so I couldn't finish reading, I threw his phone into his bag and ran away. What was he going to say? I was very happy for what I read but what was he going to write at the end? what should I be thinking. Was he going to write I love her??? No that can't be true, I didn't believe it because, no one loves me. At the same time I was sad that Haru would do that to me, I was crying with a bit of happiness and a lot of sadness.

I was walking to class and i saw Haru looking at me from the corner of my eye. I started to speed up and Haru was coming to me so i started to run/ He stopped me and looked at me but I was trying to look back down.

“Get away from me!” I yelled.

“Stop you're starting a crowd.” he quietly said.

“I hate you! You were the person that my mom paid to hurt me! How could you!” I yelled with a sad wimping voice.

“What are you talking about?” he questioned

“Stop acting dumb, I went threw your messages and saw the truth!” I yelled while trying to run away. I was so embarrassed because everyone was laughing but luckily the electricity went off and I had time to run away from everyone. I ran into the locker room where I hoped no one would find me.I tried to take a rope and tie myself up, I did but seconds after the electricity went on, I was unconscious but Haru found me, He cut the rope and laid me down, he called the ambulance for help and they came as quickly as possible. I don't know if I can ever forgive him for what he did but he saved my life and without him I don't know what would've happened, Im glad nothing bad happened, I don't know what I was thinking.

I was sent put into a room which was where they saved my life. I woke up and saw that i was in a hospital room but my mom wasn't in here with me, I was heart broken “We're sorry but we called your mom and she said she wasn't going to come.” The nurse said. I turned to the side and Haru walked in, I was in the room for like two hours and Haru is still here? What does he want from me?!?! “How are you feeling?” he said, I ignored him and turned away from him. “I get that you were trying to figure out the truth so you went threw my phone but I don't blame you, say something please, I love you and im sorry please just forgive me.” he yelled, That was sweet what he said I really did appreciate it and all but I can't forgive him for what he did. He started coming closer to me and I didn't know what he was going to do. He kissed me and apologized again. “I forgive you.” I repeated and thanked him for saving my life and since that day we are still dating, I stayed strong, Love is true and bullies suck, I will never listen to anyone else, For now on I live with Haru and I Transferred my self to another school and since then its been the best for me and Haru.


The

End <3

© 2015 Emilia Dyrda


Author's Note

Emilia Dyrda
I really hope you guys like this book, It was for a school project but then i really liked it so then i wanted your guys feed back so thank you for reading and i hope i can get your guys feed back.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on January 29, 2015
Last Updated on January 29, 2015
Tags: romance, Love, bullies, life lesson

Author