Clairvoyant

Clairvoyant

A Poem by Emily B
"

Written for the Magritte contest

"

small space
curled tightly
walls will crumble
wings will unfurl
what once was dormant


waiting


will               fly                  away


    air                           light                    wings


merrily                      singing


melodic                notes              perched             on              vision

© 2008 Emily B


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The gravity of your piece really is surprising. It is more so considering the simplicity of the words you use. I really do think that you are talented. You are a magician with the ability to turn paper airplanes into carrier ships ready to rescue soldiers from the war. Imagine what you can do when your poetic voice meets metal.

You can probably end poverty as we know it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Emily B

10 Years Ago

it occurs to me i haven't been using my voice in exactly the right way . . . so much work to be done



Reviews

beautiful imagery dear. Emily i love reading your work cuz it is always so fitting nothing is out of place.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

perfect poem, Emily. excellent ending.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

You do Magritte well here! I love Magritte and you ecapsulated his themes well in his art!! AWESOME

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
This is way cooler than my winter-numbed little brain can even comprehend right now. I just know it is very, very nice.


Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Not sure why but this placed a smile on my face which I needed so thank you. This was whimsical and had a feel of a perfect breeze that flowed across it so perfectly. I really enjoyed this.



Great Job!!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
K
Your use of 'w' sounds make the poem very fluid and flowy, and I was going to say that it had a sort of surreal feeling to it before I noticed that you wrote it with Magritte in mind. It all makes sense! Ha! I love how it starts off very claustrophobic feel and then just lets loose. You use such great imagery that works well and comes to life with very few words.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

This was great. Not only was it seeing into the future! But it was a time going through lifes metamorphisis!
Great Job!
You described the change so wonderfully!


Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Your poem displays a wonderful imagery. It is a happy feeling one gets while reading. This is great.
I think you'll do great in the contest. Well done!

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.

Mysterious. Im not sure what to make of it. At first i thought you might be in the clairvoyants tent. Then with the walls crumbling it seemed like a kind of apocalyptic vision. the dormant part made it seem like a latent power within you. The ending seemed hopeful at least. Was definately intriguing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 6 people found this review constructive.


6
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2365 Views
59 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 3, 2008
Last Updated on March 20, 2008

Author

Emily B
Emily B

Richmond, KY



About
to the Lost Boys I am no Wendy; but my voice brings you back to me. And you sit around my feet, anxious for a story or a kiss. Listening to my words spinning adventures, like so much g.. more..

Writing
Old bones Old bones

A Poem by Emily B


Memories Memories

A Poem by Emily B



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Revival Revival

A Poem by Emily B


The Poet The Poet

A Chapter by Emily B


Wild Vine Wild Vine

A Chapter by TL Boehm