Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis

A Poem by Emily B
"

a silly poem about poetry woke up as this one day. some of the words are mine. some I can't claim.

"

Poetry is a place

outside
under blue skies

breezes trickle by
clouds wink
hills look on

 

Poetry is a place

where I am more than the chains

that tie me to my desk

during lunch
I'll slip them off with my shoes

arrive barefoot
and free


 

© 2009 Emily B


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

That simple metamorphosis can sometimes keep us sane. It sounds so simple but isn't always that easy. We make our escapes as we're able to and reap the bennies from it. This is a delightful reminder Emily, and you often give me the little reminders I need and I'm so thankful for you.

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Oh Emily. Exactly exactly exactly. This is almost like air. It brushes up against me, almost covertly, yet it leaves a sensation preferred over most others...

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

AHHH, this was nice. Im just gonna kick-back and put my feet up for awhile... ... ...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A most befitting piece, the way words appease to your heart, and so much more


although short in length, yet it holds a significance. Poetry tends to the poetic as in the manner you have so excellently presented here.


Excellent writing, a pleasure to read yours!!

Rena~~

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Oh its not silly at all honey, but simply beautiful.

Lovely.

Mx

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

An excellent piece of laissez faire whimsy. I like in the brief imagery how the sky is personified to play childlike with the writer, and the hills the observer, nice figurative twists. This is like a red twizzler.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

the simplicity's of escaping
Wonderful times and memories can be made
I enjoyed this and look forward to reading more of your work

love & light
Raven

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i think ,all literature ,yes ,can take us far ,beyond limits ,beyond chain of life ,it sets us flying without wings but with imagination ,i think stronger than any wings can take us ,it open the whole world for us to travel and come back through speed of light ,oh that wonderful mind ,it surely has great powers

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Such inocents and beauty of a mind with an imagination. A picture painted with words and heart. As I sit at my desk I can only relate all to well with the line: "where I am more than the chains that tie me to my desk ". A great little escape into the place we call poetry. Good job.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Nice chota write. A simple descirption of poetry. Poetry is indeed that you give your thoughts feedom and do not let the chains that tie you physically at your desk come between your mind and poetry. So true indeed. ~KA~

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

this poem is so full of wonderful imagery.... you managed to keep my brain occupied with so few words and without one complicated word... this is very well crafted and such a joy to read!

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1834 Views
55 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 13, 2008
Last Updated on August 20, 2009


Author

Emily B
Emily B

Richmond, KY



About
to the Lost Boys I am no Wendy; but my voice brings you back to me. And you sit around my feet, anxious for a story or a kiss. Listening to my words spinning adventures, like so much g.. more..

Writing
Old bones Old bones

A Poem by Emily B


Memories Memories

A Poem by Emily B



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Poet The Poet

A Chapter by Emily B


Time Time

A Poem by Rain