Untitled

Untitled

A Story by Emily

          They were coming to get her.

          Cloe's family thought she was delusional because everyone knew there was no such thing as vampres. Though they were careful never to say anything within her hearing, Cloe knew they thought she was insane. She wished she was. Being insane would be better than facing them.

          She tried to think of what she could have done to deserve having her whole world shattered and drew a blank.

          Sighing Cloe lay back on her bed with its over abundance of brightly colored pillows and the patchwork blanket her aunt had given her twelve years ago for her fifth birthday. She lazed there dozing when she heard her parent's voices through the vent that connected their rooms. Vaguely Cloe hoped that her younger sister Sarah couldn't hear them as well.

         "What should we do, Dan? What can we do to help her?" came her mom's voice cracking with strain.

          "I don't know Ren. I just don't know." Her dad's voice sounded weary and sad. He sounded defeated. "Maybe its just a phase shes going through." he added hopefully.

         "A phase?! There is obviously something wrong with her! She isn't eating! She isn't sleeping! Shes seeing things and she says that vampires are following her! It is obviously not a phase! Our daughter is delusional!" Her mom's voice started out quiet if emphathetic and ended on a shriek.

          Cloe winced and sat up to look at herself in the full length mirror that sat across from her bed. She did look bad she admitted herself. Her normally lustrous curly black hair hung lank upon her shoulders. Her dark blue eyes looked haunted and had bruise like half circles under them. Her already pale skin had taken on a sickly hue and her clothes hung on her tiny five foot three frame that had lost weight that it couldn't afford to lose. 

          She glared at her reflection, feeling betrayed by her body for showing her emotional turmoil. Then she shook her head at herself, knowing that she was being foolish.

          She stared at her reflection for another moment before standing up and dusting off the seat off her pale blue jeans. Then she walked accross the room to grab the black hoodie that hung from the back of her desk chair. She stared for a second at her blue katana cell phone sitting on the desk before she turned and delibratly left it behind. 

          After quietly closing the door she hurried down the stairs at the end of the hall and grabbed the handle of the large wooden front door. Glancing furtivly back up the stairs she opened the door halfway before yelling towards the general vicinity of her parent's bedroom.

          "I'm going for a walk! I'll be back later!" She heard her parents start to yell half formed protests but she slammed the door and ran, effectivly shutting them out.

          She ran without thinking of where she was going and when she stopped she realized that she was at the elementary school's playground, where she had first seen him.

          She stared at the swing set, not even out of breath because of years on the track team, and remembered the warm muggy night months ago that had ultimatly led her to this moment and had changed the course of her life.

          That night her parents had been out of town, but they had insisted that Cloe escort her twelve year old sister Sarah to and from the rehearsals for the middle school play.  Cloe hadn't wanted to because it was a Saturday night and she had had plans to go out with her friends, but her parents had insisted so she had grudgingly acquiesced.

          So she had sat on the swingset in the deserted playground and waited for Sarah while throwing stones at a garbage can she alternatly imagined was her parents or her sister.

          Cloe hadn't known what had alerted her to something being wrong. On the surface everything was exactly the same. The wind was still blowing softly. The street lights were still on and the playground was still deserted. But she couldn't stop the feeling that someone was watching her so she had warily looked around. And thats when she saw him.

          He was standing at the very edge of the light given off by the street light and his black clothes had blended in with the shadows. For a moment she had doubted that anyone was there, but then she had seen his overly pale face, pale auburn hair, and green eyes that seemed to glow. She hadn't even realized that she had been staring at him until he smirked at her, revealing sharp gleaming fangs.

         Cloe had screamed and darted into the school, trying to convince herself that he wasn't real. But after that day she had seen him everywhere she went. She would see him out of the corner of her eye but when she looked around he would be gone. Then things would mysteriously move around in her room. A book she had left on her desk would be on her nightstand or something she had left in the hamper would turn up missing when she went to grab it. After months of this happening she was hagard from lack of sleep and from being to stressed out to eat properly. She was sick of it and wanted it to stop.

          So Cloe walked over to the swingset and sat on the same swing she had been sitting in that day.

          Taking a deep breath she called out "I know you're here! You might as well come out!"

          Almost immediatly a smooth modulated voice replied, "Well, of course, Cloe. If you want me to." Cloe blinked as she realized that that was the first time she had ever heard his voice but she still didn't see him.

          "Where are you?!", she yelled angrily while glancing all around her.

          "Right next to you." came the same calm voice from somewhere to her right.

          Cloe jumped and looked hastily to her right and he was there sitting on the swing next to hers as if he had been there the whole time.

          "How'd you do that?!" she demanded breathlessly.

          "I'm fast. Faster than you could ever hope to be."

          "I don't believe you!"

          "Really?" In those two syllables he disappeared, the swing he had been sitting in motionless.

          Cloe gasped as she heard a low chuckled from her left. She whipped around and saw him sitting in the swing to her left.

          "Who are you?!" she demanded. "And what do you want with me?!"

          "The vampire Lestat." he replied with an impish grin, completly ignoring her second question. She glared at him until he replied seriously.

          "My name is Caleb." He replied solemnly before grinning and looking straight into her eyes. "And you are going to be mine."

          And that was all it took. She should have been scared but when she was looking into his green eyes she felt connected to him. Like he had hypnotized her with his voice.

          As if he knew what she was thinking he spoke again.

          "Are you ready to leave now?" he asked kindly.

          "Yes..." she replied, almost like she was in a daze.

          Then she took his hand and he pulled he off the swing. Without looking back they disappeared into the night.         

   

© 2010 Emily


Author's Note

Emily
I wrote this in a class so it doesnt have a title so feel free to suggest one if you want

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

lol maybe ill write a sequel sometime

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like that she went off with the vampire at the end. Over all a very nice vampire story.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like your vampire story. It has a nice, haunting feel to it. And a nice ending where she goes off with the vampire and all sorts of possibilities will open up for her.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 25, 2010
Last Updated on January 25, 2010

Author

Emily
Emily

NY



About
I just realized that I haven't updated my about me in two years. A lot can and has happened in those two years. I am now twenty years old. I haven't gotten through college yet but I plan to. Unfortuna.. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by Emily


Night Musings Night Musings

A Story by Emily



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..