My God

My God

A Story by Emma Woodhouse
"

My bones suffer mortal agony as my foes taunt me Saying to me all day long, "where is your God?' - Psalm 42:10

"

Look at her, see her frown and her eyes sag. Watch as she sits on the bed, hands clasped, and eyes closed. This girl, this someone, this something, doesn't grasp herself.

Her hands and feet hurt in distress, her fingers curl and she looks as if she were to cry. She doesn't look happy. God, why is that?

Her smiles and whispery tones are but shades of black and white " sometimes even gray. She runs her fingers through her hair.

"My God, my God, look at my hair today. It's so shiny and clean. Look, my God"

Something's wrong and she's not quite sure what, her teeth nibble on her tongue, her fingers circle each other, and she frowns.

My God, why do you make her so sad?

I can feel the pain, the daily agony starting when she wakes.

I can tell she wants to sleep, she wants to sleep forever. "She wants to sleep forever, my God. Why can't you let her?"

She lacks everything while walking in her house, the hall lined with soft carpet to cushion her feet. But, still, she walks on solid stone.

"She doesn't look happy today, my God, why is that?"

And I can feel the depression destroying her. It's crushing her bones and eating her skin " she's infested with maggots.

"I think she's going to cry, why does she look like she's going to cry, my God? Stop it."

Morning after morning, night beyond night, I feel her weep.

"She's crying and yet, I see no tears. Why is that, my God?"

And I can feel Him while she can't, it doesn't seem fair and makes me want to cry and I suddenly feel fatigued, why do I feel this way?

I watch her lie down, her feet in pain and her soul bruised, "Why, my God, why?"

© 2010 Emma Woodhouse


Author's Note

Emma Woodhouse
This is also on my mibba account, so don't mistake this as plagiarized work. I'm very satisfied with this piece, so please refrain from stealing it. I'll know, I always know.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this

Posted 13 Years Ago


I absolutely loved this. The words flow so well that it's almost poetic.

I also love the scripture you used in the description. You did a very good job, dear.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

388 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 2, 2010
Last Updated on October 2, 2010
Tags: God, religion, Christian, agony, tragedy, depression

Author

Emma Woodhouse
Emma Woodhouse

WI



About
Well, my name's Tasha, I'm 18 years old, though I'll be 19 on January 23rd. I'm a high school drop out, but I'm working to get my High school Equivalent. I procrastinate, like, a lot, but I always.. more..

Writing