Can't accept

Can't accept

A Poem by Emma

To insinuate that I don't care,
to paint me as a monster
who yearns to tear
us beyond repair
is ridiculous.

An insult to all we shared
as you stain and scar,
stitching in embroidered lies
of embedded contempt.

I balance on a needle point;
tiptoeing as I don't dare
to step out of line.

But I can't see your line.

The edges are curved
and the slippery, silver slope
is rusting; it's coarse
and it cuts deep.

Please.
Projecting away all
your failings isn't fair.
The elaborate villain costume
doesn't fit me.

Maybe it was designed for you to wear. 

© 2018 Emma


Author's Note

Emma
I think we all know someone who finds nothing harder to say than 'sorry', and will do anything to avoid it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sorry is one of the strongest words, when it is meant. and it can undo much damage to the heart---even if that trust is hard to regain.
really like your work, my only advice would be to refrain from the Author's Notes...and just let the reader travel through your works on his or her own, rather than be directed.

j.

Posted 5 Years Ago


I admit, I find it difficult to say I’m sorry. But I do it, occasionally. Nice write!

Posted 6 Years Ago


can be difficult to say that one word. selfishly, it can be only about us and our egos. takes some swallowing of pride. great eye-opener emma!

Posted 6 Years Ago


This reminds me of the use of, ‘plausible deniability’ - or - denying a fact (especially a discreditable action) without arousing suspicion! Sometimes from another envious of our persona or just mean minded towards a fellow individual for unknown reasons! Whatever, your write highlights the injustices of such a tactic. Good solid poetical piece of free verse …. Excellently executed!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Emma

6 Years Ago

Thank you very much and I had never heard that term before but I think I will adopt it
Please.
Projecting away all
your failings isn't fair.
The elaborate villain costume
doesn't fit me.
Maybe it was designed for you to wear."

This was a very beautiful piece of art! I am blown away by how well you captivate the story and hook the audience right away! You have your own unique writing style and I am very impressed!
Keep the great work up and thank you for your excellent poetry!
And If you want to, would you like to read my story, "The Blonde Girl." You don't have to, I just felt like I should share it with you!
Keep up the great work!

Your friend,

C. lee Battaglia

Posted 6 Years Ago


Emma

6 Years Ago

Thank you and yes of course I will have a look now x
C. Lee Battaglia

6 Years Ago

Thank you for your excellent poetry! You're very welcome!
Sounds like a familiar tune to many. When equality isn’t reached, trouble will always lie ahead. Blame is given, without much sign of any wrongdoing, which is most likely true, as some people will just twist anything into their definition of right and wrong. And how do you begin the conversation, when you know that it will be turned around onto you once more? It is a conundrum, and one that will not go away.
Your words are beautifully penned as ever, with a feeling of a plea for answers. II think angst would be a good word to describe the feel of this piece, which will be uncomfortably close to the truth for too many readers.


Posted 6 Years Ago


Clearly this is directed at someone you know well and has hurt or angered you in some way.expressing your feelings have served you well writing this.well done

Posted 6 Years Ago


Yet, it is often the very people that you are referring to, who cry the loudest when they feel "victimised".
Arrogance is usually a sign of insecurity.
Your metaphor of the ill fitting suit can be seen so often in the "corridors of power" where ego replaces common sense.

.


Posted 6 Years Ago


Emma

6 Years Ago

Thank-you, and I totally agree, after I wrote this part of me felt guilt as I'm sure the actions wer.. read more
I have no words.....my voice is in my awe!! I loved every word of this! Well constructed! Strong message! Well freaking done!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Emma

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your lovely comment
emipoemi

6 Years Ago

my pleasure.
Instinctively, I take the narrator's position in this. Instantly, I agree and rush into summary judgment against this projector of vile calumny.

Then I reflect that I really have no dog in this fight and as one looking in from the outside I may have the high ground of perspective. Assuming perspective exists and high ground is possible. Could the narrator be unreliable? Could there be a case for another point of view?

Naa. I'm sold. Kick the cad to the curb and hit the reset button. Life is too short for this sort of treatment.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Emma

6 Years Ago

I agree that the only way to get past this treatment is to just remove yourself from it as you can't.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

804 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 14, 2018
Last Updated on March 14, 2018
Tags: fear, tension, blame, admittance

Author

Emma
Emma

Herefordshire, United Kingdom



About
I am currently at college, and hoping to go into a career in the performing arts industry. I love writing scripts and am enjoying exploring poetry on here and expressing my opinions through my own. .. more..

Writing
Us V.S. You Us V.S. You

A Poem by Emma


Self Destruct Self Destruct

A Poem by Emma



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Body-image Body-image

A Poem by Emma