Broken, An Epiphany

Broken, An Epiphany

A Poem by Emmie
"

I originally wrote this back in 1995. I have revised it some trying to clean it up. All I can say is that I wrote it during a dark time in my life.

"

 

The day, the beginning of the cycle that erupts into a chain of events occupying a small fraction of the human existence
The night, the end of the beginning in which one finds an odd comfort in the loneliness that succumbs to the darkness of being
To be, what does it really mean? To live, exist? To live in the day after day of hollow hopes and broken dreams that reality never reveals to have any true meaning, rhyme, or reason. Each day spent in the same way never changing, never faltering. To always hope to find love, live life, and the pursuit of a possible happiness. What is true happiness? Does one ever experience this feeling of pure euphoric bliss? Does one ever have the satisfaction of life being smooth with some form of direction and sense of self worth? To feel needed, wanted, secure as you except who you are, what you are about, and what you will or are destined to become. Still I wait, broken, wanting to be whole again.

© 2009 Emmie


Author's Note

Emmie
Hope you like it. It's old but it is very dear to me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

We live life full of questions, essentially alone until we find our reason for being, even if we are in a relationship. We don't find love until we love ourself. Euporic bliss is relative to a flower's bloom, a bee's spreading pollen, or a simple pleasure, eating ice cream, maybe? We have died when we cease to ask questions about existence, our place in it, about love, and the why of it all. Nicely written, highly evocative.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I guess by now you can answer some of the questions you asked back then. I can relate, having had one of those dark periods too, probably caused by something very similar to the cause of yours, I'd imagine. It's good to keep these old scribblings and look at them from time to time, I think. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I can still feel the emotion you put into this piece 14 years later. We both know pain but we also have both discovered the light and it's a beautiful thing. And we also know there is one person that has known true bliss...Mr. perfect childhood yes your husband :) tell him I said hi and know I'm always here if you need anything...

Voice


Posted 14 Years Ago


Old poems are good. They show us were we've been.
I like this poem. It is a sad poem asking what is the meaning of my life.
I would say the base of the poem is you living in "The Night". Each word is inportant and it flows.
That was written in 95. Your thoughts on what "The Day" stands for might have change since then.
If I were King or rich, and I'm not eather, I would comission a poem, a similar poem with "The Day" getting equal time.

Posted 15 Years Ago


very enlightening write... I think true happiness lies within all of us when you are happy with the person you are at the end of the day and focus on what is important like love, family and friends and not material things... a great expression of what we all struggle with.

Posted 15 Years Ago


this is very contemplative. i like it. is reminds me of prose poetry. I like the beginning where you looks at the opposites of the day and of the night. Then comes the big question... so what does it all mean? I think i've been here before broken waiting. sometmes you have to make the miracles you want in your life. hope things are going well for you now... (you said the poem was older) but bonne chance! (good luck en francais) :)

-Raindrop

Posted 15 Years Ago


We live life full of questions, essentially alone until we find our reason for being, even if we are in a relationship. We don't find love until we love ourself. Euporic bliss is relative to a flower's bloom, a bee's spreading pollen, or a simple pleasure, eating ice cream, maybe? We have died when we cease to ask questions about existence, our place in it, about love, and the why of it all. Nicely written, highly evocative.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

457 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 13, 2009

Author

Emmie
Emmie

Nashville, TN



About
I am a wife and mother of 5. I used to write and draw a lot when I was in school. One of my "books" actually became very popular among my fellow students. After I got married and had children, I put t.. more..

Writing
�All day long, they lie in the sun, and when the sun goes down, they lie some more.� ~Frank Sinatra �All day long..

A Chapter by Emmie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The End The End

A Poem by Emmie