Saki, Emmalynn

Saki, Emmalynn

A Story by SilenceIsBliss
"

Emmalynn's history.

"
Hello. My name is Emmalynn Marie Saki. I am the one and only heir to the Aaravian throne as of now, and await the day I am married off and pronounced queen. Until then, I am merely a princess of sorts. Princessia Emmalynn is what I call myself.

When I was still a child, only a few months old, I was sent down to Earth in order to live among the humans away from the raging war back on my home planet. All of this was unknown to me until just recently when my parents insisted I come back home to learn the ways of a queen. My father, Jamison, King of Aarav, was the one who came up with the idea to send me to Earth. Our planet is almost as close to that living world as their moon is, but our planet appears as a bright star in their sky rather than a planet as Mars or Saturn would. 
Anyhow. I was taken back to my home planet at the age of eighteen, when I began to feel...different. The pendant I wore around my neck began getting warm and I could barely bring myself to wear it since it felt as if it were burning my flesh. It truly wasn't. It was just a sign of my heritage, telling me I didn't belong to that human world. Slowly, my back began to ache and that was when I was suddenly whisked away from the human life I knew and wound up in the middle of a grassy walkway on a planet unlike Earth. There were pink blossomed trees surrounding the road where I had found myself, and I remember thinking how beautiful they were. Everything so far was beautiful, I almost couldn't believe it.


The sky was a constant rosy orange color that I will forever remember as my home. We Aaravians prefer the sky to any sort of land, but haven't discovered the technology to get out homes into the sky just yet. But they are definitely working on it. The clouds are always there for some reason. We never have a clear sky. But somehow the sun manages to shine through every day and the moon is able to glow every night. It's as if the clouds part just to make room for our light sources. The only time neither is visible is when it storms, which doesn't happen any more than it should. It refills our water supply and is gone once we're done with it.



When I finally regained my ability to move, I slowly stood, but found that I was weighed down by something on my back. I looked over my shoulder only to find a pair of snow white wings stretching behind me. Curious, I tried to find the part of my mind that controlled the huge appendages, and once I did they stretched out to either side of me, giving me a wingspan of fourteen feet. I almost fainted from confusion...but not quite. Once I got used to the weight, I stood upright and began to walk. They weren't too heavy once I got used to them, almost like they weren't there. For a few moments, I wondered if I were dead. Mind you, I had never been to Aarav before, nor had I known of my heritage. I thought I was a human. So I walked. I walked until I saw a giant building looming over the entirety of what we now call the Capitol of Aarav. It was a castle of great proportions. The walkway I had been following marked with the pink blossoming trees led right up to the entrance and I wondered vaguely what it was for.



Slowly I approached the castle, unsure of what to expect. I stopped a moment to think. If I had grown wings, perhaps my clothes had changed to fit the realm. Glancing down at myself, I realized my outfit had indeed changed and something fell from my head. With quick reflexes, I caught it in my hands, eyes widening as I saw the familiar shape. A crown in the shape of two wings on a circlet lay in my hands, a beautiful silver color shining in the light. I inspected it, running my fingers over the texture of the smooth metal and bumpy embellishments. Slowly I stood upright again and carefully placed it on my head again, being careful when I glanced down at my new outfit.



The dress I now wore was a beautiful white piece with a studded bodice that had wonderful ornate designs embroidered over it in a slightly golden color. The skirt was puffy and spun out around me when I turned as most dressed would. My red hair had been edited as well, the normally straight locks now curly and free behind me as they were supposed to be. I usually straightened my hair back on Earth, but somehow this all felt...right. I smoothed the skirt before moving around the castle, looking for another entrance, one not so obvious. 



Around the back I found an older part of the castle made of stone and steps, leading up to an ornate door that lead into a part of the building. I lifted my skirts slightly and started up, unsure of what I was going to find once I got inside. The backside of the castle was nowhere near as impressive, but it felt like I was home and I didn't mind. You need a little old to fit in with the new, right? I felt so at home. So comfortable wandering in my beautiful dress, my hair flowing behind me as I walked up those stairs, my wings flexing and shifting excitedly.



As I walked up those stairs, I continued to wonder what lay before me...why I had been brought here. Surely it wasn't something terrible. I had been given angelic wings and a beautiful dress, perfect hair and a wonderful area. But I couldn't help but wonder if I were dead and this were my own little slice of heaven. I'd always loved the more medieval side of Earth. I pulled open the heavy doors and entered the castle, my hazel hued gaze moving around in wonder. Slowly, I stepped forwards and moved into the room, winding my way through halls and rooms before I came to a large set of doors, and automatically opened once I got close enough to open it. Within, two people sat at thrones. There was one in the middle where the older male sat and one of his left and one on his right. On his right sat a middle aged woman, presumably his wife. As I entered, the two stood, bright smiles on their faces as they looked at me. 

"Emmalynn, is that you?" the man asked, his head tilting as they made their way down the two or three steps before the throne's platform. Once they were within a few feet of me, I froze, the woman surging forward to envelop me in a hug.

"My name is Emma," I said after a moment. Wasn't it? It suddenly didn't sound right...like it was fake. 

"Nonsense, girl. That's only what earthlings call you. Your true name is Emmalynn. Emmalynn Saki," the woman spoke suddenly. "I am your mother, Emmalynn. It's me, don't you remember?" 

And suddenly I did. I mean, I felt I did. I felt a warm feeling rush through me and knew she was telling the truth. I wrapped my arms around this woman and kept her close, before releasing her and moving towards my father. I knew it was him. I looked at him for but a moment before I rushed at him, arms moving around him. 

"Mother, Father, it's been so long," I spoke softly. As I looked to them, I could tell they were indeed my parents. Dressed just as formally, red hair spilling underneath their own crowns. That's when I realized that they did actually have crowns. Could it possibly be...? I didn't know. But I had a feeling I'd find out. After a few moments of crying and welcoming me back, we retreated to the thrones, where my parents sat in their respective ones, looking to me. 

"Emmalynn, darling daughter. We are so glad you've returned, aren't we, Luce?" my father asked, looking to his wife. I later learned her full name was Lucinda. My father's is Jamison. After discussing my return a bit, they began to fill me in.

"You are Princessia Emmalynn Saki, heir to the throne of Planet Aarav," my mother said, before looking lovingly up at her husband. 

"Your father and I always knew you'd return to us. Didn't we, love?" she asked softly, a smile on her lips.

"Yes, of course, my love," he said softly, smiling back to her.



After awhile, I learned that I was a princess of a planet known as Aarav, and that I was part of the species itself. We were like angels, but not related to heaven or God. We just adopted the appearance. Our wings were white because we were royalty, but the other commoners had different colored wings depending on their ranks, experience, and knowledge. We even had special abilities. 

I am able to speak to others telepathically, create a sort of force field using my wings, fly at extreme speeds, soothe animals, learn any language by physical contact, and other things that are less important to me. But I still had them. This entire ordeal blew my mind away. I couldn't handle it. Here I was, a winged girl who belonged to a royal family.


© 2013 SilenceIsBliss


Author's Note

SilenceIsBliss
None of the pictures belong to me and will be taken down upon request. I created this character and her species, so do not steal.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

441 Views
Added on April 2, 2013
Last Updated on April 21, 2013
Tags: history, fiction, Emmalynn, princess, nobility

Author

SilenceIsBliss
SilenceIsBliss

About
There's naught you need to know. more..

Writing
Jesse Jesse

A Story by SilenceIsBliss