Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Wonderland Asylum

7:35 p.m.  July 10

I am still finding Alaska's notes to Alicia around the room, hidden throughout the house.  I had even found multiple notes stuffed in my mattress…..“ Sarah, I know that this isn’t the best place to live……..so much negativity………….it’s all rubbing off onto me, onto you.   I tried to tell you a few times…..but you didn’t give me the chance to finish what I was saying.  You would just storm out of the room.  …………… …………..I never told you how beautiful you are.   You are just like mom.  Subtle beauty.  I’m sorry for not telling you that enough times.  Maybe if I did, you wouldn't have started smoking.  Maybe if I was a better sister, I would have looked out for you more……..sometimes I’d throw away packs of your cigarettes, hoping that you wouldn't go buy more.  I did the same with the alcohol.  But I didn't try hard enough to get you to stop.  ………………….Sarah, I can see the pain in your eyes.  I wish you would talk to me, I don't want my little sister to feel the emptiness that I feel everyday………”   There were not more than 20, but each one was lengthy.  Each note, had a different feelings, different purposes…………….Each one, my sister wrote down the things that I was too rude and stubborn to listen to.  

I pull out my phone, and dial my friend Levi’s number.

“Hello?”

“ Hey,Levi, we’re driving to Alaska.”

“What?”

“You heard me. We’re driving to Alaska.”

“ Sarah, how are we supposed to get to Alaska?”  

“We drive.  Well, you drive.  Alaska left to get away from this place.  Now she’s in a box on the mantle of the fireplace.  My father and my mum  want to split the ashes.  I’m not gonna let them do that.  I am going to make sure that my sister gets out of here, like she wanted to in the first place.  And that means I’m going to take her to Alaska.”

“...............You know that I can get in trouble for doing this.  It can be considered kidnapping and I-”

“Levi, I don’t care about your reasons, are you gonna help me or not”

“Yes, I’ll help you.”

“Then why were you telling me your reasons not to?  You make no sense.”

“Well that kinda happens when I’m thinking about a pretty girl.  I don’t make any sense.”  

I knew good and well that Levi has never dated a girl, had crushes, yes, but dated, no.  I knew who he liked.  And the girl that he is thinking about. Even tho that girl has nothing special about her.  She’s just plain.  But I blush heavily anyway.

“ Just make sure you pack enough clothes that are warm.  I need to call Cat now.”

“I know, Sarah. I just really like to tal-”

I don’t know why I hang up on him all the time.  I really enjoy talking to him.  Well,  now to call Cat.  I searched through my phone for her number.  

“Hey, Sar, whats up?”

“I just got off the phone with Levi.  He’s gonna drive me to Alaska with Alaska.” “Why does he always have to be called first?  There's somethin’ goin’ on with you too.  I get these vibes from you two.  And why didn’t you ask me to go?  Well, there's no arguing.  I’m going with you.  Who knows what you and Eli might do together if you were alone.  I can’t believe that you didn’t ask me.”

“Lord, Cat, calm down.  I was calling to ask you to come with us.”

“Oh.  Really? …..I’m sorry…………..   But you still should have called me first.  And I know you and Levi are more than just friends.”  Her voice had went from an apologetic tone, back to her normal, mean, punky, loud, Cat voice.

“ Whatever you say, Cat.  Eli is just a friend.”

“Mhm. Sure. Well, Sar, I’d love to keep chatting, but I have to go.”

“Ok, Bye, C-”  And she hung up on me.  Like always.

Maybe this is how Levi feels whenever I hang up on him when he’s saying something.  I didn’t tell her what to pack so I just sent her a text,“ Hey, Cat, pack clothes for cold weather.”  Let's see if she listens.


-Sarah



© 2018 Wonderland Asylum


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I just found out that this was posted a year ago. I hope you find the time to post more..
I had fun teading it

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wonderland Asylum

5 Years Ago

I do apologize for the lack of the rest of the chapters. I had originally written this on paper, but.. read more
A.Tarek

5 Years Ago

Its okay.. take your time, editting a story is much harder that writing it in the first place.
.. read more
I can see how you are showing us more about Alaska & about the relationship between Sarah & Alaska, by revealing the notes. It feels a little bit rushed as you zip thru the quotations at the beginning, but I also realize it could get boring to spell out the notes in more detail. This story is very much in need of a change of pace & the start of a wild-a*s roadtrip is a good way to inject some energy into this previously sad & troubled narrative. Your threesome sounds like a modern & true-to-life depiction of how a bunch of friends might actually be toward each other. I'm much more interested in seeing what comes next, now that this story has switched gears (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 6 Years Ago


I like the way you format your novel. It's unique, and easy to follow. Not to mention the storyline is leaving me wanting more chapters lol

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 19, 2018
Last Updated on January 19, 2018


Author

Wonderland Asylum
Wonderland Asylum

Reedley, CA



About
Alternative, shy, loves music. I typically keep to myself, and am not very expressive. But when I write, it's like I'm some place else. I've been gone for a while, and I'm working on getting back.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Escapist The Escapist

A Story by GwenLark