Untitled Story

Untitled Story

A Story by Ma'at

The wind whistled around me as I sat alone on a tree branch far above the forest floor. The sky was dark, speckled with distant stars.
At night, like it was now, I thought about these stars, wondering what sort of celestial events they've witnessed, or were a part of, in all the long years they've existed.
I liked to think of myself as a star, a ball of hydrogen and helium gas, like every other star, in a universe full of these other stars and celestial happenings like collisions and supernovae. 
There were both light energy and dark energy in our universe, the light being known and seen, the dark energy's existence known but not seen, both equally important. 
I thought of this as I sat high above the world, all alone at last. 
I enjoyed the feeling of being alone. Not loneliness. Just being by myself. It was a wonderful feeling to me. Something pleasant and happy. It was a feeling of purity almost, nice and soft and clear like water, cold and refreshing. 
I didn't want to leave this tree. Not one bit. It was a home to me, an escape from the brisk, icy ocean of life. Life, it was an ocean and I was a sinking ship. It was funny, I thought, how water, being a vital part of everyone's life, was also an enemy, something that could kill us if it got too cold, if we got too deeply immersed into it. 
You see, we were all ships, carrying cargo of all sorts. 
The cargo represent our albatross. 
We were all weighted down with an albatross. Mine was heavier than normal.
An albatross was a demon. It wasn't supposed to be, but it was.
My albatross was a demon. It comes back at night to haunt me, and stays all day. The haunted look reflected in my eyes, with an evil glare that lurked behind my retina. It was always there, threatening me. I had no idea how to rid of it.
~
There is nothing better for me to relax in the tree, not worrying about my albatross. It was still there of course, but it didn't bother me, It was just me, the moon, and the tree band. The wind was also with us, soothing my skin with its chilled touch. It enveloped my skin, blowing all the stress away, all the emotions, all my horrible thoughts. It made me feel free and peaceful as a dove, flying east into the cool sunrise, all solo and quiet. That was how I felt as I sat here, legs swinging on this lone branch. You may have noticed already that my thoughts switch abruptly. That wasn't my fault. I don't do it purposefully. It was always like that with me for some reason, I don't know.
My life was different. I go by unnoticed usually, very few people notice me, and when they do, it's usually by surprise and they don't always expect to see me. I've actually been here awhile, journeying through time as it flies by. I've had many experiences, and was a different person each time. Sometimes, I wasn't a person. I was something else. 
I knew I would leave soon. When the albatross gets too heavy, I go somewhere else. 
This is how my life was run.
I'd stay somewhere for a certain amount of time, usually as little as 10-20 years, and then I would go. During that time, I would teach and learn some lessons to take to that somewhere else. And I never know where that would be. I could go to a planet in another universe for all I know. I never knew.
I traveled all over the world, and perhaps even further. I've been doing this for millennium. Now, right now, I was close to my end. 
I could only stay so long in this place after my death. Then I would have to leave. When I'm alive, I learn the lessons eventually and then poof! no alive anymore. Then I can either choose to stay for so long or move on. I chose to stay as I usually do. I just do.
Reincarnation was an interest process. It was different for everyone. Some people don't even know that they were reincarnated, as they don't remember their past life, or lives. 
The soul was a dove. Some people may think it is a myth, but it's true. Everyone's soul was a dove, because the soul was innocent and pure and vulnerable. 
It can easily be taken away. 
'That has never happened to me before. I was very careful.
TO BE CONTINUED

© 2014 Ma'at


Author's Note

Ma'at
this is only a start, a work in progress

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the concept and subject, would be interested to know which direction you take this tale. You're a talented writer!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A. Amos

9 Years Ago

You're most welcome my takented friend!
A. Amos

9 Years Ago

You and only you know what to do with this story and I know you will do justice...
Ma'at

9 Years Ago

hahahaha thank you! :))) but i just don't know whether or not to turn it into a book or a short stor.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
1 Review
Added on June 23, 2014
Last Updated on June 23, 2014
Tags: reincarnation, fantasy, story, meaningful, hope, loss, moving on, truth, honesty, unknown

Author

Ma'at
Ma'at

CT



About
Hello i'm Daniela, a teenager who lives in the northeastern USA my profile pic is not me, its Matty Healy writing and music are a huge part of my life i like to write poems, stories, and books t.. more..

Writing
somewhere else somewhere else

A Story by Ma'at


ghosts ghosts

A Story by Ma'at


disappear disappear

A Poem by Ma'at