Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by EncoreDeZiza

Her
EncoreDeZiza
All Rights Reserved
2013
Chapter One.



“Back then, there was only one thing that mattered to me, just one word: Survival; and I was beyond unprepared when one word tore it all down, including the foundation from beneath my feet, and that one word was: Her.”

 

 

 

Blasted! Nothing. Had she lost it? What was so difficult about changing your style? Technique? It’s not like it defined you…. Did it? She just wanted a new look- by this point she’d written so many stories they were starting to develop their own cliché. Why was it so impossible to change your scene?

            Her eyes raked over the words begrudgingly. There were only two and she hated them. Every last one. She could already see what they’d become- the same guy would walk in, looking like sex on legs, and he’d fall for the girl that wouldn’t put up with his s**t, then they’d battle to save the world. And confess their love in the middle of some huge fight scene, both covered in blood, and one complaining the entire time, saying “now’s not the time!” And then all of their friends would die and the couple would walk away with nothing, but they’d look like victors in each other’s eyes.

                                    And it made her want to gag.

 

 

            It seemed like hours passed with her just starring at a fresh, untouched page, tapping her pencil repetitively to the point of engaging in her own annoyance as she gnawed on her lower lip. How could she have nothing? Seriously? Letting out a frustrated groan, she reached forward, her fingers clasping around the thermos. Slowly, she brought it to her lips, frowning down at the blank page. Mocking her, it was mocking her.  For all the- Choking on the cold, repulsive coffee and spitting what remained into the cup, she set the cup back down and scraped her tongue against her teeth, trying to rid the taste from her mouth. Well that was fun…. Maybe she could write about an old man who drinks some terrible coffee, and goes completely insane, burning the mental hospital down in his wake. She bit the inside of her cheek, right. Cause that wont get her the winning ticket to her very own, customized, straight jacket.

 

            Throwing her head back in her seat, she let lose a frustrated groan. She usually stayed till closing, but right now all she wanted to do was leave. Just go and waste her time someplace else. Since it was inevitable that she was wasting it.

            Sucking in a mouthful of air, she propped herself up and chucked her pencil into her bag before letting it out. Picking up her phone, she hit the button, waiting rather impatiently for it to turn on. She sighed before dropping it to the wooden table and moving to grab her notebook, “You might need that,” She jumped at the low, unexpected and raspy voice.

Paling, she let her eyes slowly roll into a pair of steel grey eyes, “My notebook?”

“Right,” He replied with such ease, such flawlessness. She blinked. Are you kidding? This is the last thing that could possibly happen right now. “And your pen.”

“And why,” She let out, her words winding through her exasperated breath, “Would I do that?”

“Because I have a story,” She found her eyes narrowing in doubt. This guy looked far from a story teller, far from. With his black combat boots that he’d propped so carelessly on the table between them and the way his arms stretched out, before crossing in back of his head. His old, faded, stained, and not to mention random, rough cuts, holes, and strains in the fabric of his old leather jacket. She couldn’t see the shirt underneath only that it was dark, and his jeans were nearly identical to his jacket. Then again, maybe he did have a story. Maybe the jacket reflected him in a way. A little scruffy and beat up but it added, it added character.

She heaved a sigh, it’s not like she could lose, right? “What kind of a story?”

The mere mention of any type of cooperation had those marvelous grey eyes sparking with something all too familiar. She found it unsettling, but nevertheless, focused her whole attention on the admittedly handsome man in front of her. “A love story,” And she couldn’t’ help but let out the most outrageous, unattractive snort in human history. It’s not like you could blame her, after all it hadn’t been anything close to what she’d been expecting. His shoulders lifted and fell carelessly in response, but her attention was once again divided as she noted how much grace he used… So… Effortless. “With a touch of mystery,” His eyes focused on hers then and she found herself swallowing uncomfortably under the intensity of it, “Blood and, obviously, violence.” He gave a casual nod as if admitting something within himself, “illegal activities,” He leaned forward then, his arms dropping to his legs as his heavy, unwilling boots dropped to the ground. His perfect, pink lips shifted into a lazy smile that, for some reason, had her full and undying attention. “But there’s a part of it missing and I need your help,” Something flashed in his grey eyes, forcing flecks of blue to the surface, “I promise it will be worth your while- every second of it.”

“Well then,” She replied, mimicking his careless ease and leaning back into her chair, her bag falling to the floor with a heavy thud, “Let’s hear it.”

“As you wish,” He replied swiftly returning to his previous laxed position.

 

            “It all started back in high school, Junior year. I was a soft kid, always had been, I did sports, but never “hung out” with any of the guys- I never socialized, I had huge baggage.” He snorted, “Me- so delicate and fragile- can you imagine? Don’t answer that- honestly, we both know you can’t. I’m so strong and handsome a-“

“Can you and your ego get on with the story?” She asked, yawning slightly at the end.

 

            “SO ANYWAYS,” He exclaimed loudly, earning a cringe on her behalf, “I was walking into the high school for what seemed like zillionth time in only a month, when I recognized the throaty roar of an engine I’d never before heard- Not from this parking lot, at least. SO I stopped, and I remember just barely turning my head, my eyes still skimming over the beautiful Harley, I fully expected to be there, but instead of a broad, manly frame, it was feminine and petite, making his eyes return to the almost forgotten bike. He quickly found he wasn’t the only one. Not as two, lean legs, coated in ripped and faded black jeans that fanned over her small black boots. All eyes on her as her slender arms, dressed in black leather, lifted, reaching for the black helmet, waves upon waves of beautiful, thick black hair falling as the helmet complied. And as she set the helmet on the handlebar and shifted her weight into those gorgeous legs of hers before effortlessly swinging one over, the men were silently fighting for dominance- for her. And yet, she grabbed her duffle from the seat and pulled sunglasses up to keep their prying eyes from looking too closely and seeing her eye color. Something that traveled in hushed murmurs from girl to girl- they wanted to know, and she just wasn’t going to bite. Not yet. Her lips remained straight, no smile, no smirk, no frown; she was just blank, nonchalant, indifferent- or maybe even numb. And numb was by far the worse. Nevertheless, I figured honesty was the best way to go with her. She would appreciate anything and everything that was 100% real. So, as she brushed past the groups of people, who willingly stepped away from her, I stayed routed in my spot- right in her way. And as she approached, I discovered the faintest hint of alcohol, but it was overpowered by the smells of leather and smoke. As she came to a stop in front of me, her hand moved quicker than my eyes could register, her pointer finger smacking the top of her shades, effectively lowering them so he could see the tops of her dark brown eyes that were almost purple, she cocked an eyebrow, as if she could sense my question.

            So I did it. I opened my anti-social mouth and spoke smoothly, to the hottest girl in town, “Is that a 96?”

Her lips twisted into the biggest grin I’d seen in such a long time and as her glasses slipped back into place, she spoke, gracing everyone with her London accent, “Very good. I’m Autumn, but call me Cole.”

“Ezra.”

“Ezra,” She repeated, casually swinging her free arm over his shoulder and effectively turning him around to face the school, “Get used to the starring, Ezra. I have a feeling we’ll be spending a lot of time together.”

 

After a while of silence, she raised an eyebrow, “That’s it? That’s your fabulous story?”

He snorted, “I never said it was fabulous. I don’t use that word.”

“I’m sure you don’t.”

“Do you want to hear my story or not?”

What? Did you just seriously blame me because you randomly stopped?”

“There is always a method to the madness,” He lectured with an amused smirk. Oh I’ll give you madness.

 “That so?”

“’Tis.”

“Then continue the story. It is why you’re here, yes?”

His smirk broke into a small, but genuine smile, “Still impatient, I see.”

“What?”

“Nothing.” He cleared his throat. “Of course everyone heard about Cole and I within the house and before, when I’d been invisible- all of it was gone, so easily taken from my hands. And what was it replaced by? Kill or be killed-apparently, the high school modo.

Before school, Cole and I agreed to meet for lunch, but I spent it in the library, hiding from the bullies, the threats. Relentless, she came looking for me, and when she found me- she went off.” A small, ghostly smile played at his lips as he reminisced.

 

“’Ezra Burntwood!’

“It’s Bruntwood,” I reminded her, but she really didn’t seem to care.

“I was counting on you! To keep the guys from starring! HelllooO! I thought we were friends! What are you-“ She trailed off her deep eyes dilating as she took everything in, slowly moving towards the book case, “I always envied writers…” She confessed, but her voice was merely a whisper, as her fingers trailed down the various spines longingly, “Do you spend everyday in here?” She asked, her voice still soft, thoughtful, genuine.

“Just to escape- like a safe house.”

She nodded in agreement before shaking her head and even after, clearing her throat, he found himself picturing her sitting at a desk, a note pad in front of her, pen in hand, slowly kissing the page as her eyes followed the flow of ink and he found he could see it, see her writing as her thoughts ran ramped with plausible scenes. He smiled slightly at the thought. “Why are you in here, Ezra? Who are you hiding from?”

He swallowed, “No one, I-“

Her eyes narrowed, effectively silencing him, “Try again.” S he instructed and he felt it odd how her intense stare remained on him, soully on him, he shifted uncomfortably under those beautiful deep brown eyes.

“They don’t like me,” I told her honestly, my eyes shifting back to the book. It seemed easier, than to look at her. “Never have,” I added under my breath, too low for any human to hear. But as no words left her mouth, I glanced up (Since silence wasn’t really her thing) and as I did, I found her standing, eyebrows furrowed, lips pursed in obvious concentration as she casually leaned against the book case, her thumbs in the pockets of her jeans, “Listen, Cole, if you need a different body guard-“

Her eyes snapped to mine and her whole expression changed, into one that read ‘NO’. “You know about bikes,” She elaborated, “It would just be rude not to take you under my wing.”

“Huh?” And now it was my turn to feel so hopelessly confused.

She pushed off from the book shelf, holding out a hand, “Let’s go.”

“Where?”

Her lips spread into a wide grin, her brown eyes seeming more purple as they sparked with mischief, “Trust me?” At a loss for words, I merely stood on shaking legs and took her hand, grateful when she swung her arm naturally across my shoulders, keeping me steady.

 

 

            She had a plan and I didn’t ask, forcing myself to do as I hadn’t in years. All she wanted was my trust and I didn’t’ see a reason not to give it to her. I led her to my house, parking outside my aunts and then she joined, drigging through her bag til she pulled out an old leather wallet, stuffing it in her back pocket before chucking the duffle and closing her door, “Where to?”

“The mall, of course!” She rolled her eyes. Frowning, he set the car in reverse, taking off for the west side of town.”

 

 

 

            “Why aren’t you writing this down?”

“Hmm?”

He rolled his steel grey eyes before repeating, slower, “Why aren’t you writing the story I’m providing?” Because that rasp in your voice is sexy and excels anything I could even attempt to do on paper.

“Um, right,” she mumbled, bending over to pick up the notebook and biting her lip. Honestly! Where was her pen?

“Bag.”

She jumped at his voice; it was just so deep, raspy- alluring. “What?”

“The pen is in the bag,” He repeated, once again talking slower, pointing as well. She just starred at him, her mind completely blank, he sighed, “Wait for it…”

“OH!” She exclaimed as it finally clicked, she bent over to the side of her chair to fetch her pen before making herself comfy again, “Continue.” She dismissed, waving her hand.

“I think you need to get caught up first.” She looked up to the amused smirk on his face and frowned.

“But I really want to hear the rest…”

Dropping his feet with a heavy thud, he leant forward, “IS this your phone?” She nodded, watching as he drug his finger across the screen, “Password?”

“9496.” She watched his fingers dance across the screen with the same effortlessness that was just… Him. All too quickly, they paused, hovering above the screen as his eyes began searching. After a few short moments, he tapped the screen, waiting, before tapping again and then they began to dance. Having finished, he set the phone on the table.

“Forgive me, but I never caught your name.”

“Avery.” He smiled, although it was strained and far from true, “Listen, Avery, call me when you’re finished and we’ll meet up.”

She bit her lip, “Okay but can’t we stay till-?”

As if on queue, the familiar clicking of heals on hardwood cut her off mid-sentence. She closed her eyes, focusing on her breathing and not the urge to shoot the librarian. “Avery, sweetie, are you finished? The library’s about to close,” Her eyebrows furrowed, creasing her forehead, all from confusion. Why wouldn’t she address Ezra? Opening her eyes, she gawked at the empty chair before her, dropping her pencil and paper like acid, She stood, looking around the library. The librarian giggled, “Lost in thought, I see. You’re going to be famous one day.”

Slowly and shakily, she bent, scooping up the items forgotten moments before, taking up her phone and useless thermos, she gave the librarian a weak smile- hey, it was all she had. The librarian frowned, “You okay?”

“Uh, yeah,” Avery dismissed, shaking her head, “Just- adjusting… I guess.”

“Ah, yes, seen as you had so much written.”

“What?” She shrieked dropping her things to dig savagely through her bag, finding the notebook and ripping it open. There it was, all of it, up until ‘Frowning, he set the car in reverse, taking off for the west side of town.’

           

            No. No way. There was absolutely no way. After apologizing to the librarian and offering to mop the floors the following morning, Avery unwound through the countless amount of book cases. She loved books, biting her lip, she pushed herself forward. Had she imagined it? All of it? How had it gotten on the page and where was the boy? Seriously, there is no way she couldn’t’ have seen him leave-he couldn’t be real. Just not enough sleep, she decided giving the door a firm shove and stepping out into the crisp, autumn air. Autumn. She smiled, pulling her coat tighter as she turned onto the deserted street. A deep frown set on her face because no matter how many times she told herself he wasn’t real, no matter how many times she said he was fictional and that she’d never seen him in the first place, she couldn’t sooth the pang in her chest that could only come from what she assumed to be… Missing him.

 

 

            Leaning onto her kitchen counter, she let out a small, silent nod. Sleeping hadn’t agreed with her, not with Ezra on the mind. Real or not, he seemed to- The beeping cut her from her thoughts, turning and letting out another yawn, she grasped her mug tightly, pouring her coffee in and then adding the creamer. When it was a soft, lighter, almost crème color, she added sugar and stirred thoroughly before bringing the cup to her lips. After the first sip, her body physically relaxed, the tension rolling off her in waves. She let out a relieved sigh before sitting on the counter and resting her head on the wooden cabinets. “Comfy?”

She jumped, nearly spilling her coffee, “EZRA!” She scolded, “I nearl- EZRA?!?” She shrieked, nearly spilling it again.

            He smirked, “I’m more missed then I thought.” He commented before stepping into the kitchen and eyeing an apple before scooping it up and taking a bite.

’More missed’ I thought you were a figment-“

“Of your imagination? Yes, I get that a lot. Apparently, I’m so striking, I’m out of this world.”

“I didn’t fall from heaven just to hear your cheesy pick up lines.”

He choked on the apple for a moment, his eyes huge, before regaining composure. “That,” he remarked, a wide, brilliant grin lighting his face, “”Was new. Good job, Avery. You win.”

She smirked, dwelling in her glory. No one had to know she stole it from a shirt. “Why are you here?”

“To finish my story,” He rolled his eyes, taking another bite, “Duh.”

“But how’d you get here?”

He frowned, “Don’t you remember?” She shook her head as took a step forward, “You called.”

 

            Sitting up in bed, Avery ran her hands over her sweating face. Great, now I’m obsessed with him. She let out a puff of air, her eyes taking in the numbers on the clock, just like they took in-…. Biting her lip, she glanced at her phone before swatting away the cord, quickly unlocking it, she dug through, smiling softly when she found a name: Hot Guy Hotline. Rolling her eyes, she hit edit, and rolled her shoulders. She knew she wouldn’t stand a chance at going back to sleep.

 

           

            “Yeah?”

“Nice introduction,” She complimented, sarcasm dripping from her tone, “It really lets me know what a great, open guy you are.”

There was a pause, “Avery?”

“You never finished your story.”

“Right. Library?”

“Nah, let’s meet up at the coffee place. It’s right across from the library, it’s not at all hard t-“

“I don’t want to tell my story in public…”

“Um, okay,” Ignoring, all 500 of her questions that were bubbling to the surface, she bit her lip, “Let’s meet up at the coffee shop and we’ll walk to the Library, deal?”

“Yeah. Time?”

“I normally go ‘round seven.”

“Okay, see ya.”

“yup,” She agreed, ignoring the all-but-subtle aching in her stomach. He didn’t hang up and she just sat, listening to his slow, steady breathing. Eventually, it occurred to her that she was, in fact, wasting minutes. She raked her teeth against her lips before speaking, ‘I have to go, I’ll be late.”

“Right,” he replied swiftly, slightly detached, “We’ll talk later.”

“Mmm,” She agreed, “Seven.”

“Seven,” he confirmed before hanging up. She groaned, dropping the phone and leaning against the counter. She didn’t even have to go in this early, all she needed to do was clean up th- A sudden unwelcome beeping had her jumping to her feet, glaring at the blinking coffee pot. Blasted!

 

 

            The day took forever and she was beginning to think her clock was broken, slowly moving in reverse.  That’s partly why she nearly peed herself when the alarm blared through her phone’s tiny speakers, signaling that it was, in fact, six thirty. Slowly, she stood, steadying herself as the room around her spun. It was her fault, consequence number one for not eating a single thing all day. She didn’t dwell on her decision for long, practically running to the door to grab her coat and bag before snatching up her keys and rushing outside to meet the rain.

 

            It took twenty six minutes on the dot, to get to the coffee shop; it took two to order and slightly over five to receive that order. She couldn’t help her foot from rapidly tapping as her watchful eyes nearly burnt a hole in the clock. Her teeth pulled her bottom lip into her mouth as her anxious tapping increased. It was four minutes from seven and he wasn’t here. She was beginning to doubt he was ever coming, but the worst part was she couldn’t figure out why she cared so damn much if he even came or not. Honestly, what was her problem lately? “Here y’are ma’am,” A young, beautiful waitress, about seventeen, greeted, handing over a steaming cup of coffee and a donut wrapped in plastic, “And if I may, a lovely young man over there has been starring at you for a while,” She added, nodding towards the booths. Following her gaze, Avery turned and spotted Ezra right away, only when she looked, he was on his phone, busily texting away.

            Biting her lip to hide her wide grin, she turned back to the smiling girl, “Thank you,” She barely got out, grabbing her things and walking towards him, “Hey,” she called when she was close enough, “Did you want anything?”

Slowly and reluctantly, he turned his head, pulling his unwilling grey eyes from the screen to settle solely on hers. “No,” He dismissed, “Let’s just go, yeah?”

“Sure,” She agreed, moving slightly to the side, giving him plenty of room. But instead of passing her, as was her full intent, he stood next to her and they walked side-by-side, until they hit the door. Taking two long strides, he got there first, pulling the door open, his eyes focused on her as she smiled in thanks, ignoring the slight jingle of the bell as they exited. And just like that, he was back at her side and they walked shoulder to shoulder through the rain.

           

            “So where did we leave off?”

“You were going to the mall,” She informed, lifting the coffee cup to her lips and smirking at his obvious distaste for the place.

“Right,” He sighed. He was laying on the floor, his hands behind his head, eyes closed, ankles crossed. She was watching him intently, occupying the love seat, her legs hanging over the arm rest, notepad in her lap, her half-eaten donut occupying the blank page as she clutched her coffee cup for dear life.

            “When we’d reached the final road or our journey, I finally asked why we were at the mall, of all places. Seen as my anti-social heart was already racing and I had no doubts that it would eventually just pound right out of my chest. Her reply was what shocked me the most and I couldn’t’ decide it the aura of safety and protection that was radiating off of her made it pump faster or if it was calming me down- probably a bit of both… Anyway, she’d told me this, “Those kids didn’t even know you existed until they saw me with you. And that’s good because they don’t’ know a thing about you. So we’re changing your look, your style, your attitude. But since men are both cowardly and d*****s, we’re teaching you how to fight both armed and unarmed. We’re going to be spending a lot of time together, you and I.” She’d been right, of course, so I went with it.

            She’d kept me out till four in the morning, changing my attitude, my appearance. We got back to my aunt’s at four fifty something; my aunt was fast asleep in the chair, waiting for me. So I took her into her room and tucked her in, forging a note on her TV.  ’11- practice’ I knew she wrote those things down, the time I got back and the reason I’d been late. And by now I could mimic her hand writing perfectly. We went into the basement and she taught me how to fight unarmed. I didn’t sleep that night, it was six before I knew it and I was hiding Cole in my room and hopping in the shower.

 

            I’d gotten downstairs just in time to make breakfast as my aunt hurried through the house, frantically trying to find everything she needed. She gave a nervous laugh, fixing her earring, her eyes on the plates, “How was practice, sweetie?”

“It was fine, Evelyn.”

“Thank you for making breakfast,” She added, shoving on her shoes, “I really am grateful to have you at home, Ezra, even if I’m a bit scattered at times.”

I chuckled, “You’re fine. Would you like me to make your plate?”

“Would you?” She called, already walking out of the kitchen, “That would be so kind,” Rolling is eyes, he grabbed the toast, layering it with a few eggs before setting the toast back on top.

“EVELYN!” He called, “IT’S READY!” When she failed to respond, he rolled his eyes, waiting for her to come into the room, talking on the phone, and pass on breakfast. Because she was late, again, and her boss was ticked, again.

“Yes, yes, I know,” She spoke into the phone, pressing it to her chest, her soft green eyes focused on him, “Darling, I’m late, help yourself- I’m so sorry, but thank you.” Regretfully, she brought the phone back up to her ear, “Yes, I am listening.” She nodded, rolling her eyes, and I chuckled at the gesture. She really was crazy, but it was cute, in an old lady sort of way. “No, I’m sorry, could you repeat that?” I almost laughed, clamping my jaws together so the noise wouldn’t burst out.  She turned and exited the room and I turned to look out the window, waiting for her to drive off before retrieving my phone and telling Cole she was safe to come down and eat something.

 

            See, Cole had this great idea, and in about a half hour, we drove to school, me driving her bike, her behind me, holding on as I parked and set my feet down. She got off, removing her helmet and I stood, shedding mine as well and pocketing the keys. With her arm around my shoulder and mine around her waist, we walked past he gawking, open- mouthed students and into the school. That day of school was by far the best, no one spoke to me, but all went out of their way to show favoritism, and I got to spend the entire day texting Cole- who, by the way, was the funniest girl I’d ever met.

            Lunch was amazing. I’d waited by her locker and we walked, holding each other’s waists, to the cafeteria, past the people and into the line. I paid and we headed outside. She put on some music, I recognized Nirvana straight away, and we talked about music, about art, moved onto literature after a while and I eventually got her talking about her own ideas. There’s no way those ideas could go to waist, so I vowed to make her write. And so she recited her newest poem to me, from memory, and I told her she’d become a famous author one day.”

 

            He trailed off, his eyes open now and directed towards the ceiling, although, she knew that they weren’t focused, he was far off, in the school yard, eating sandwiches with a bad a*s chick she had no chance at even beginning to compete with. It was so obvious he was completely in love with her and why he wasn’t with her right now was a total mystery. “Did she?” She asked softly,..

His eyes flickered momentarily as he blinked, those heavy lashes dropping before opening again, “I got writing though I doubt she ever had a chance to publish.”

“Why’s that?”

He drew a deep breath, rolling over so he was facing her, his grey as a solid as a brick wall, void of any and all emotion or color. “She died.”

Avery cringed, “I’m sorry….” It came out a mere whisper, she didn’t know why but those two words sent her gut plummeting and her heart aching. 
”Don’t,” He hissed, rolling back over, “Empathy might be your thing, but it sure as hell aint mine.”

            She shook her head and starred down at the paper, at the black flowing inc that’d so beautifully written everything. Yet she hadn’t even remembered picking up the pen. She bit her lip and closed the notebook, “If you could describe the story in one sentence, what would you say?”

He sighed, silence consuming them in what she hoped was contemplation. Still, she waited patiently for that lovely, raspy voice of his to drift through the library once again, “Back then, there was only one thing that mattered to me, one word: survival; and I was beyond unprepared when one word tore it all down, including the foundation from beneath my feet, and the word was: Her.”

            Smiling softly as she ended the sentence, Avery glanced over at him, “Well I guess we’ve got our title then.”

She wasn’t surprised to see his eyes closed again, but his lips tossed up into a content, half-smile, “What is it?”

“Her.” She stated simply, turning back to write it down.

            “I really, really like that,” She jumped at the feel of his warm breath fanning over her neck. Looking up to find him standing directly behind her. “It’s almost nine, should we go?”

“Uh, yeah,” She replied with a small smile, placing her things in her bag and snatching up her cold coffee. She ground her teeth, lately she wasted so much money on coffee she didn’t even drink.

“Let me drive you home,” he offered.

“But my car-“

“You can drive back tomorrow,” With the promise of tomorrow, her grin widened.
”Yeah, Okay.”

XXX

Coffee in hand, she freed her hair from it’s bun, waiting as it tumbled free and fell along her back. Biting her lip, she walked to her front door in search of what she’d thought she’d seen from the kitchen window. The door gave under her shove, swinging open before swinging back. She stopped it inches from her frozen, disbelieving face. She was just starring at the black Malibu that was occupying her driveway. How had her car even gotten here? Hadn’t Ezra dropped her off?

 

            She turned sharply on her heal, waltzing into the living room where she’d left her bag. The new words were there, the description, the title. Fetching her phone, she fished through her calls, finding that she had, in fact, called. Exiting she found her messages, including the one to Ezra that thanked him fro driving her. Looking up form the phone, she glanced into the reflecting TV screen. The girl she was looking at looked just as confused as she felt.



© 2013 EncoreDeZiza


Author's Note

EncoreDeZiza
Very sorry for all the spelling errors... Please just ignore them... Lol(:
If you're interested, the pics are up in my photos. I'm still new here, so i'm not exactly sure how to get to what or what you can and cannot see. So, if you can't see them, I've posted Autumn Rose Cole on here for you to see. Next chapter will have Ezra. And down the line, somewhere, we'll eventually get to adding Avery. i really hope you like this book, because I do, and so... Yeah... Thanks for reading:3

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is...amazing. I was so entranced that I couldn't stop reading. Amazing. Keep writing!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
EncoreDeZiza

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much love! xD I'm so glad you enjoyed it!!!
Skye Sparks

10 Years Ago

You are TOTALLY welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 6, 2013
Last Updated on August 6, 2013


Author

EncoreDeZiza
EncoreDeZiza

Narnia, Neverland, United Kingdom



About
Oooooo! A visitor!!! Lol, hello lovely, I'm Zi. I guess I should start by saying that I am, in fact, not from the UK, nope. I lied. I'm from the states, I only lied because when I put US down I had a .. more..

Writing