The Evergreen Legacy~ NEVER touch my coffee

The Evergreen Legacy~ NEVER touch my coffee

A Chapter by EncoreDeZiza

The Evergreen Legacy

EncoreDeZiza

All Rights Reserved

2013

 

The Evergreen Legacy

Prologue

 

For all of you who LOVE the writing technique of 'Her' and the humor and stance of the characters in 'The Art of Arrogance'

 

For most, today was a normal Monday; same early morning, same dreary, tiresome drive to school. Same blinding white lights, same cheery hello’s- all chimed in unison like some robotic fest of complete and total bull s**t.

Everyone hated Mondays, everyone. Why couldn’t you just say what you wanted to say? What was so bad about that? Her father had told her it was the Americans,that they’d taken away her rights. This, of course, didn’t make nay sense. At all. America was founded by a bunch of visionaries- all fighting for freedom. So why, under any circumstances, would they even consider taking it form another country? Why?

She read once from a biblical poster “A house that is divided cannot continue”. Now she wasn’t a religious person, but it sounded pretty reasonable to her. Her father, on the other hand, was blind to reason and defiant of common sense. It didn’t matter how many times she-

She wasn’t prepared for the sudden and greatly unwanted force to crash into her. She wasn’t prepared for the unbearable heat that was soon to follow. And she sure as hell wasn’t at all prepared for it to be a boy, stumbling backward as her soaked s**t clung to her tiny frame. A pair of striking green eyes, seeming translucent in the lighting, met hers. He blinked back his shock, eyes narrowing, darkening as they zoomed in on hers. “You owe me a coffee.” Although his jaw was clenched and his voice bitter, dripping with spite, she could still detect the strong, untainted American accent.

“Look,” her voice was soft, so opposed to that finalizing, official tone of hers that rang with authority. She gestured from her clothes to his, then down to the corridor floor where their disposable cups lie, “Let’s just call it even.”

“Even?” he snapped, “You ran into me. Therefore, you buy me a drink.”

And now it was her turn to narrow her eyes, countering his challenging stare with her own as she ground her jaw, “If you would’ve been paying attention, you would’ve seen me, and moved out of the way. But you weren’t, you didn’t, and you’re as much to blame as me.”

He gave a very unattractive snort, “Get the f**k out of my way.”

 

Her coursing anger only spiked at the comment and she found she did agree with her father on something; she hated an American. Not all Americans, just this one. He shoved past her, knocking their shoulders, and she, without thinking, swooped to the floor. Snatching whosever up was fullest and running after him.

He was heading for the school’s identical glass doors, for the parking lot. And in one swift movement, she leaped, landing on his back and dumping the cup’s steaming contense over his head. Instead of responding in the propped fashion (anger, hatred, fury), his body began rapidly falling forwards. “RUN!” She blinked, looking up to see who in the world he could possibly be talking to when she noticed the glass wall of an unsuspecting office. Her eyes widened, heart hammering, barely contained by her ribs as the wall got closer and closer and...

 

CRASH.

 

 

© 2013 EncoreDeZiza

 



© 2013 EncoreDeZiza


Author's Note

EncoreDeZiza
Under Editing- Sorry

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on September 3, 2013
Last Updated on September 3, 2013


Author

EncoreDeZiza
EncoreDeZiza

Narnia, Neverland, United Kingdom



About
Oooooo! A visitor!!! Lol, hello lovely, I'm Zi. I guess I should start by saying that I am, in fact, not from the UK, nope. I lied. I'm from the states, I only lied because when I put US down I had a .. more..

Writing