Death of a dream

Death of a dream

A Story by Broken Wings

"Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray The Lord my soul to sleep. And when I die by the knife allow the angels to see my life." She was quiet and still after the prayer she said every night. She looked down at the scarlet staining her arm. It was beautiful in her eyes, like a piece of art, or a first place prize. The pain on the outside numbed everything on the in.

She would wake the next morning with her prayers still not working. She would put on her clothes along with her smile. The smile she wore was quite fake, but no one could tell. The girl with the pretty smile is all the people would say. No one noticed the pain in her smile, but she secretly hoped someone would.

Well now she's home again, she sits on the floor and screams. They say she's gone mad, crazy it would seem. But no one really know what happens in her head. Memories of things that shouldn't be remembered. She goes to the bathroom and turned on the light. She had the note ready now all she need was the knife. She opened the drawer and pulled out the knife. "Today is the time, it's finally my night." She whispered to herself as she put the knife to her skin and....

I woke in a blink of an eye as soon as it was my time to die. How was I so oblivious? How could I not see? The girl with the knife...yea it's for sure...finally I see...that girl who made the big mistake...was most definitely me...

© 2013 Broken Wings


Author's Note

Broken Wings
Well here...reviews would be great.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
1 Review
Added on May 8, 2013
Last Updated on May 8, 2013

Author

Broken Wings
Broken Wings

Minot , ND



About
Hey umm I'm courtney. I'm one of those that no matter how many times you tell her she's pretty she won't believe it. Well on here no one knows me so I can put my heart out there. I feel music, writing.. more..

Writing