The Great Race

The Great Race

A Poem by Erik Daniel
"

A poem based on 1 Corinthians 9:24.

"
Now there were three runners preparing for a race.
Each was hoping to win God's grace.

The man fired the gun.
Signaling that the race had begun.

The runners broke away from the starting line.
Each one hoping that they would not fall behind.

The first runner started the race off strong.
But the distance got to him and he gave up when he knew that he hope was gone.

The second one ran farther than the first one.
But got distracted and lost the path he was on.

Now the third runner he stayed strong till the end.
And the race he did win.

Now what did he do that the other runners didn't?
He kept his eyes focused on winning the blue ribbon.

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize?
Run your race in such a way that you get the prize.

We are all running in the race called life.
Which one of the runners are you?

© 2014 Erik Daniel


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Another good read your a gidted writer..

Posted 10 Years Ago


Erik Daniel

10 Years Ago

So are you! Means a lot bro. Thanks!
I'm the one who has walked off the main road to find my own for a moment, so some may say I'm lost, but at the moment I have no definite endpoint. The beauty of life is that you can never truly see the road beneath you, but with every step you take, ground forms beneath your feet. So you can visibly see the road behind you. Enjoyed.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Erik Daniel

10 Years Ago

Thanks! Means a lot!
You have such a talent and I love seeing you use it for God's glory! This poem is fantastic and definitely made me do a reality check on how I'm running this race called life! Great job :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


StayAnchored

10 Years Ago

You're very welcome! I'm quite impressed that this is one of the first you wrote... your talent is a.. read more
Erik Daniel

10 Years Ago

Wow thank you. Means a lot.
Erik Daniel

10 Years Ago

You should check out my two new poems. Prettier Than A Porn Star and Hated By The World.
This isn't your best poem but it is still good. I like the message in this one, in order for us to make it through this life we have to keep looking at our goal and not give up. Sometimes it is not easy but it will be worth it all in the end.

Posted 10 Years Ago


~*~Peace Keeper~*~

10 Years Ago

lol Yay I guessed right xD
Erik Daniel

10 Years Ago

Congratulations! lol
~*~Peace Keeper~*~

10 Years Ago

xD I was just thinking that The Narrow Path is better version of it too lmbo
"The starting gun went off in the man's hand.
And signaled that the race had began." I know you are trying to rhyme, but 'began' is the wrong tense in this sentence. You would actually need the word 'begun' Not sure if there is a way to reword it and keep the rhyming or you can just leave it like it is. :) Just some thoughts for you.
I really liked this poem. Creative and inspirational!

~Stefanie

Posted 10 Years Ago


Erik Daniel

10 Years Ago

Thank you for pointing that out! I had thought about it too. I'm trying to come up with a new way to.. read more
Stefanie Holmes

10 Years Ago

Maybe reword the first line so the word gun is last? That way you have gun and than begun rhyming.
Erik Daniel

10 Years Ago

There we go.
Really encouraging poem......thanks...life is a race and we should all strive to win the ultimate prize...eternity with God.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

390 Views
6 Reviews
Added on February 13, 2014
Last Updated on February 13, 2014
Tags: Race, God, Running, Runner, Prize, Hope, Strength, Focus

Author

Erik Daniel
Erik Daniel

Waterloo, IA



About
I've been using writing as an outlet for the stress and anger of life since I was a kid. More just freestyle or creative writing than anything. I let my feelings guide me more..

Writing
Strength Strength

A Poem by Erik Daniel


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Erik Daniel


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Erik Daniel