With Grace, Love, I AM

With Grace, Love, I AM

A Poem by Erik Daniel
"

A letter from God. Sequel to "With Hate, Love, The Deceiver" so please read that one first!

"
Dear Child,

     I heard you curse me the other day. I just wanted to tell you that it breaks my heart to see you go through this. I am also aware that the devil has been deceiving you lately. I hope that you will find the truth for yourself.
     First of all child I do care about you. You are the most loved out of all of my creation; for even the hairs on your head are numbered. I sent my only son to die on the cross to save you and his death was not in vain. That cross that you took up to follow me is not dead and I am not another empty fleeting thing. Only I can fill that void inside of you, but you have to stop trying to do it yourself and let my spirit work in you.
     I know you don't feel beautiful. I see you when you stand in front of the mirror and hurl insults at yourself. I am that small voice inside you trying desperately to tell you that you are beautiful; for you are fearfully and wonderfully made in my image. Not outwardly, but inwardly. For I do not look at outward appearances.
     I've seen you struggle with your addiction. I've seen the way it eats at your soul and destroys your faith. I know you've tried your best to hide it, but nothing is hidden from me. Child I know that it has a tight grasp on you, but that grasp can be broken. Just simply let go and trust in me.
     I know that it seems like everyone is against you. I know that sometimes it may seem like I left you, but child I am never gone. I am always by your side. I see that the kids pick on you because you know me, but did they not also pick on me? If the world hates you know that it hated me before you. And remember that this world is only temporary; for heaven is your true home.
     And child I was with you in all of your struggles with suicide and cutting. And yes the devil was there also, but where sin abounds grace does much more! I was the voice fighting back against the devil. When he told you to pull the trigger, I reminded you how loved you really are. When he urged you to put that rope around your neck, I whispered in your ear and reminded you how valuable to me you are. When he had his hands on yours moving that blade over your flesh, I reminded you that you aren't alone. And child those cuts dealt more pain to me then they ever will you. For while the devil is trying to get you to leave this world, I'm reminding you that I'm not finished with you yet.
     Dear child, I am not dead. I am living on the inside and I am roaring like a lion. That love that you are looking for, I promise that you will find it when you fully surrender your life to me. You have a point. You have a purpose. And there is a reason for your existence. I wish that I could save you from all of this, but it would defeat the plans I have for you. See with me death will not be the end, but the beginning. I hope that this letter has spoken truth to you child. For you mean more to me than you will ever be able to comprehend.


With Grace, Love,
I AM

© 2014 Erik Daniel


Author's Note

Erik Daniel
Once again, Please read With Hate Love The Deceiver first. I hope you all understand the importance of these 2 letters. For you must choose one side. I pray to God that it is the right one.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yes I see the importance in both of the poems you wrote. I love this one, I even found myself tearing up in some places, because I know how much God wants us to follow Him and love Him. My favorite part was the ending paragraph, because people need to know that they are special and have a purpose. I hope people will read this and understand how much God loves and cares for them and understand that the tests they go through is for a purpose.

Great Job

Posted 9 Years Ago


Erik Daniel

9 Years Ago

Thank you!
~*~Peace Keeper~*~

9 Years Ago

You're welcome
Another inspiring, comforting piece here. These words are indeed the antidote to fear, loneliness and negativity....this piece reminded me that there is meaning in everything, and that we are all part of the bigger picture, cared for, loved, no matter what we are facing in our individual lives in each particular moment. This piece really did lift my spirit this evening, so I thank you for sharing this....

I choose hope....

BB

Posted 10 Years Ago


Erik Daniel

10 Years Ago

Wow. Thank you so much man! Its always great to hear that your writing has affected someone!
This is an inspiring write. Peaceful and serene. Washing away the worries and anxieties of the world.

~Stefanie

Posted 10 Years Ago


Erik Daniel

10 Years Ago

Thanks Stephanie!
What a beautiful faith you have Erik, I never tire of saying this. C.S. Lewis came to my mind, in particualr these lines:

"God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pain: it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world."

Beautiful, Erik , just wonderful! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Erik Daniel

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much Devesh! I always love your reviews!
Devesh

10 Years Ago

You're very welcome :))
The passion of which you employ in writing about God and your devotion is inspiring and refreshing, well done, good read.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Erik Daniel

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the review!
Thomas Fitzgerald

10 Years Ago

Your welcome.
Damn. You really have a burning passion for God inside you and it shines beautifully! I absolutely loved this write. As I read it, It eased my pain, worries, and anxieties. Fantastic work here, Erik. I cannot tell you enough how absolutely amazing this is. God has given you a gift! This is definitely a favorite in my book. xo (:

Posted 10 Years Ago


Erik Daniel

10 Years Ago

Wow. Thank you so much Madalyn! That means a lot especially coming from such a great writer!
I actually read this one first and then went back to read the other one before reviewing. Awesome work!
^-^
-QuanaWana

Posted 10 Years Ago


Erik Daniel

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
it is time for another visit

Posted 10 Years Ago


Erik Daniel

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the visit.
paul sal.....

10 Years Ago

visit me, please......peace
Wow. These words are powerful.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Erik Daniel

10 Years Ago

Thank you! I tried my best. I wrote a first letter to this one called With Hate, Love, The Deceiver... read more
a special message here erik great write

Posted 10 Years Ago


Erik Daniel

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much Ron!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

489 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 4, 2014
Last Updated on April 4, 2014
Tags: God, Child, Pain, Hurt, Grief, Voice, Beauty, Cutting, Suicide, Porn, Rejection, Strength, Love, Mess, Message, Nightmare, Jesus

Author

Erik Daniel
Erik Daniel

Waterloo, IA



About
I've been using writing as an outlet for the stress and anger of life since I was a kid. More just freestyle or creative writing than anything. I let my feelings guide me more..

Writing
Strength Strength

A Poem by Erik Daniel


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Erik Daniel


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Erik Daniel



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The End The End

A Poem by Tate Morgan