The bouquet

The bouquet

A Story by Erin
"

i searched for writing prompts because i didn't know what to write at the time. it said to write about a wedding from the bouquets point of view, so this is what came out of that.

"

                Looking up I can see her happy face. Tears of joy fill her beautiful bright green eyes. Next to her is her handsome groom. He takes her hand and stares into her eyes, sharing the most passionate moment I have ever witnessed. “I do” escapes his quivering lips. The way he cradles her face in his hand right before their big kiss shows true love that will last a life time. He wipes away her tears with only the end of his thumb. Even with all her black makeup running down her cheeks, he still tells her she looks gorgeous.  Her entire face lit up and she held back more tears. Their fingers interlock and they gracefully stroll down the flower filled aisle.  As they exit the church, the guests toss rice at them, some of it landing on me.  I am truly honored to be a part of this wedding.

                At the reception, the dance floor is glowing from the light of the moon and the stars. The area is completely outdoors where a light breeze is just picking up; the wind softly brushes against me.  I take a look at all of the guests, they are ecstatic. The bride’s mother comes over and gives her a hug that squeezes me. I don’t mind it since I am still overcome by the love I felt. I noticed the groom hasn’t taken his eyes off of this stunning girl. They are about to share their first dance of the night. The bride gently places me on a satin tablecloth. His arms are placed right above her hips; her arms are wrapped lovingly around his neck. I can tell he is nervous by the way he keeps looking at his feet. She giggles in a polite way and rests her head upon his chest. Her flowing brown curls drape over his shoulder like silk. He closes his eyes and embraces the moment like they were the only two there. They both look as if they were a part of a fairy tale. As the song ends they continue to hold each other. She then lifts her head and gives him a tender kiss. They both smile at each other and everyone claps.

                The bride picks me up once again and stands with her back to a group of women and young girls. This was the moment I was waiting for. Her grip loosens up and I can feel her fingers escaping me. Before I know it a new pair of soft hands is clasped tightly around me. A little girl about 5 years old is smiling down at me in excitement. I then begin to wonder what her wedding will be like when she grows older. I only imagine what it would be like to make another young girl happy on such a magnificent night like tonight.

© 2011 Erin


Author's Note

Erin
please tell me your thoughts(:

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

348 Views
Added on May 27, 2011
Last Updated on July 1, 2011

Author

Erin
Erin

Surprise, AZ



About
My name is Erin(: im 19 years old and writing is my PASSION. my English III teacher, Mr. Johnson has been such an inspiration to me and helped me become a better writer. i have taken creative writing .. more..

Writing
*untitled* *untitled*

A Poem by Erin


her heart her heart

A Poem by Erin