Prologue (Revised) Ghosts of Varav Pt. 2

Prologue (Revised) Ghosts of Varav Pt. 2

A Chapter by Erla Stories & Lore
"

the second part of the prologue. A lot less action focused and more on the aftermath of what had just happened.

"

Erlian Records: Ghosts of Varav

Prologue Pt.2

Soon enough the only ones remaining in the entrance cavern were Farim and The Wil-Fol.

“Halt and i shall halt now.” Farim said in a commanding voice. Much to his surprise they actually heeded his command.

“We stop only to ask questions and because we do not wish to fight you anymore. Varavan you wish to talk and we shall talk. But if you merely intend to trick us we shall restart this fight.” A Wil-Fol said moving through the crowd of Wil-Fol.

“I indeed wish to talk as my goals have been achieved. Likely to greater affect then I had predicted.”

“So then what was your goal?” The Wil-Fol who had been speaking asked. He was a grizzled old man with a fresh cut that stretched from above his left eyes to his left ear. His jawline was concealed by a grand bushy beard.

“My goal was to simply save my people from total extermination. I am not going to survive however as in a few hours I am going to collapse to the ground immobile.” Farim said sheathing his sword.

“How you have no wounds to speak of? Are you suggesting that your about to attack us?” The man asked with a tone that resonated with both Confusion and distrust.

“The only reason I stand is because of Sarvoan treatments. all the bones in my legs are shattered but because of the prior mentioned treatment they have stayed in position. As soon as it wears off, I am dead.” Farim explained grabbing a syringe from a hidden compartment in his shield.

“I see. Well Varavan what caused you to flee this way?” The man asked.

“These doors were the largest doors and while your illusion was working and the military leaders of Varav bought into it, I knew better. They thought of you as savages who kill with no remorse. Who slaughter, Pillage and rape for pleasure. I knew better.” Farim explained

“I only returned to them to save the innocent as many of them no longer have a home and all of them hate their fore fathers for what they did. These people fear you and all this was caused by men who are now long dead.”

“Well then Varavan you shall join them, and my children who your people have slaughtered today.” The Wil-Fol said his face growing dark.

“Wait what… ah” Farim said as a blade sunk deep into his back piercing his left lung.

“We here had no quarrel with your kind. In fact here we had been building a new nation, Had your people come out and asked to pass through we would have allowed it. But no you had to foster your own image and destroy our infantile nation.” The man said looking straight down, hair preventing Farim from seeing his face.

“We didn't know we thought…” Farim began.

“I don’t blame you for your ignorance. I blame you for your arrogance.” The Wil-Fol said as another knife plunged into Farim.

“You outnumbered those who were still hunting you by twenty to one! And yet you drove the people to panic causing the death of over ten thousand! My children we ages two, four and seven. Now they are all dead and we shall create a nation that will outshine any you have spurred to be created by this action. And yours will fail for the truth has a nasty way of coming out, the only factor in that is. How Long” He said before drawing his sword in a flash and slicing Farims head clean off.


“Quistar sir. What shall we do now?” Dodgenov was asked by his loyal acolyte.  

Simple was the question yet complex was the answer. Or rather how they would do it.

“We rebuild and expand our reach. Take as much land as we can so that they can’t. We shall Forge a city anew with what we find here. Find where he got the Sarvo tech from, we will use it to rebuild.”



© 2015 Erla Stories & Lore


Author's Note

Erla Stories & Lore
sorry this is so short. It didn't feel right having this with the first part and this has in my opinion a different pace

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on February 23, 2015
Last Updated on February 23, 2015
Tags: Scy-fi, moral, war, Survival


Author

Erla Stories & Lore
Erla Stories & Lore

toronto, york, Canada



About
I am an aspiring author who has stumbled upon an interesting genera not seen or not commonly seen before more..

Writing