Prologue: Finding the Watch

Prologue: Finding the Watch

A Chapter by Martina
"

Short indroduction on Esmee's character and how she found the Pocket Watch

"

   Against Time 
 
By: Martina in Wonderland 
 
Prologue: Finding the Pocket Watch
 


 
 When will time stop? When will time turn backward or go forward? Where will I finally find that special someone? Those questions, flew in my capacity when I stared absent of my bedchamber window into the dark gray sky, getting ready to rain.  
 
So many things had gone wrong in my life. My real father left me and my mother. My mother married my abusive stepfather. My boyfriend cheated with my best friend behind my back. What else could ever gone wrong? Oh the starting of the beatings I get almost for no reason at all. I was just an outlet from my step father temperment and a huge fault on my mother's past. I could not vanish or fade away. I'm here to stay, a living proof of the life my mother and I once shared together.  
 
I covered the bruise on my arm with my hand slowly, brushing it knowing, just knowing he would be back again within a few hours. I want to leave. I want to get away or runaway from this worthless life. 
 
I saw something on my desk in my room. A small pocket watch, with a small note in the back.  
'Use it well' it says.  
What does that mean? 


I picked up the golden watch to take a look at this strange object that obviously wasn't mine or anyone in the house, I accidently touched the little knob on the top, watching everything around me began to swift so fast. 
 
Oh lord is this real? 



© 2010 Martina


Author's Note

Martina
okay this is my first time I used first person point of view,
tell me what you think of it, please :)

Note: I didn't descibe any emotions that the character felt when being abuse yet. Im afraid I will over use it :/ so I kept it straight foreward. Next chapter would be better with the emotions.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

love it! i wanna read more!!!!!! the note reminds me highly of Harry Potter when he receives the invisibility cloak in the first novel. but a nice piece and a great cliffhanger.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ok, yea cause the prologue was lacking some emotions, but you'll get it right! Idk why i thought of the Phantom Tollbooth when she found the pocket watch in her room. I guess becuz in the book, the boy finds a tollbooth to appear in his room out of nowwhere and there was also an enevelpoe with it...idk I just that was just random thoughts... Ha, u r not used to 1st person and I'm not used to third! Well at least in 1st person u can pretend ur the character and make up an imaginary life of your own. :) Can;t wait 4 more!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is great :)
I love the last line, im wanna start following this story now :)


Posted 13 Years Ago


First off, I'm pretty sure things can't "swift," but I understood your meaning.

This whole piece doesn't feel like the mentality of someone who is the victim of abuse. It is very straightforward, and non-emotional in its construction. The only indicator that this person is distraught comes from the expletives which seem very artificial. I don't know, I just didn't feel like the character was actually feeling the emotions. The rhetorical questions to the reader compound the feeling that the emotion is contrived.

I like the concept though.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 23, 2010
Last Updated on July 24, 2010


Author

Martina
Martina

Wonderland, LA



About
Hello people =) Hello my name is Martina and I'm 19 years old; graduated from high school with very high dreams of becoming a well known author; (for about let see 10 years). I'm easy to .. more..

Writing
Desperate Desperate

A Poem by Martina


Sound Sound

A Story by Martina


When I Died... When I Died...

A Story by Martina