Sound

Sound

A Story by Martina
"

It had been 10 years since Rose had saved Bay from the Devil's hold. Ten long years since he lost his voice unwilling. Ten long years; that he grew insane. Can Rose find away to reach him?

"

How many years has it been since he last spoke, five, and ten?  He lost count some time ago. He had never felt so helpless before in his entire life besides the fact he came close to death about three times. Bay faintly traced his lips and then his throat. Something was missing, something within him was gone.


Emily came by to visit but he knew each time she looked at him she felt guilty. Because she thinks it was all her fault that he was like this.  He wanted to tell her it wasn’t. The pen in his hands froze on the small notebook that Rose gave him to write on.  His dissolve shaken on the fact that she might be right. If she wasn’t determined on rescuing her mother Angelic wouldn’t have send him there.


Disgust.


He felt it clear as day.

He disgusted on himself for blaming her for this.

Benjamin came to visit just once. Bay had never been so mad in his entire life. How could Emily forgive such a man so easily?


Love.


She was blinded by love.

The door opened to his bedroom revealing Rose. The strange girl that made it her personal mission trying to help him. He had no idea on why. His heart began to warm as she placed the bowl of soup on his lap for him to eat.


He couldn’t even taste the liquid as it ran down his throat but nevertheless he smiled. The smiled let Rose knew that he loved it.


  “You need to get out more.” She told him, when she cleaned up his mess.  Bay stared at her back with a snarl before realizing that she was right.


He couldn’t just stay here and hide. He couldn’t stay broken forever.

He sit up from his bed and when Rose came backs she sat right next to him. Their shoulders brushed against one another and he flinched. The memories of that night flashed in his head. The scared blue eyes stared at him in a panic, begging no pleading for it all to stop. He closed his eyes tight and his breathing became abnormal once more.


Bay felt her hand on his back, trying to comfort him.

It was always like this.

He was always this weak.

He couldn’t save anyone. He couldn’t even save his own self.


“Are you alright, Bay?” Her worried voice reached his ears and all he wanted to do was to reach back and crawl into a dark corner out of her sight.


No other words were spoken before she pulled him in a close embrace. The warmth the radiated from her body had drawn him in, comforting him. Silent tears, rolled down his eyes and all he wanted was for this nightmare to be over.


“It’s alright. You’re safe now.”

He hated her voice.


The promise that she made him the first day they actually met ran though his mind.


Together.


Bay felt himself being trapped.

For God’s sakes all he wanted was to be able to talk again.

Rose forced him to look at her. Her finger tips firm on his cheek. His eyes locked with her’s and for a second he felt a small connection being made.


“One day, you’re going to be able to talk once more.” She promised. He knew it was empty, but the look on her face made him believe. The emotion in her eyes told him that she believed her own words too.


She buried her face against his chest. Her finger tips left his cheek.

“I’ll find a way.”

The urge of crying more was too powerful as it took him.

A sob left his lips.


The sound of his sob made Rose looked at him with shock.

He made a sound.

Just one small sound that gave her hope.


“B-Bay , you made a sound.” She told him and he had to blink at her in surprised. Really? He heard it in his head. He never thought that his lips…his throat was capable of making that sound anymore.

Hope. Maybe God gave him mercy.


He opened his mouth to talk but no other sound came out.

The disappointment crashed around him.

His eyes watered with more tears.

Rose rested her finger on his lips.


“Bay, you made a sound. Even if you can’t talk you still able to make a sound.” Rose excited said, as she hugged Bay tight.

He felt his stomach fluttered.

His tears come to a stop.

She was too close.


Bay could smell the ocean rain perfume  that she worn. The scent almost made him dizzy. The heat that comes from his skin made his heart beat even faster.

Bay looked up and he soon regretted it.

Her eyes captured his.


His breathing hitched as her face came closer to his like in a trance before he felt something warm on his lips.

Her lips touched his and his heart stopped.

Bay didn’t move and Rose came back into reality.

She pushed herself away from him.


“I-I’m sorry.” Her cheeks turned red. She turned around ready to run out of his bedroom door any given minute before Bay stopped her. He grabbed her arm softly before he started writing something in his note book messy.


Wait.


Rose felt her heart tightened.

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have force you. I …I like you since the first day I met you at the tavern and when I saw you in…that place blood soaked I was scared….because….because I came to realize that I love you. I don’t want to lose you, even if we haven’t talk much in the past.” She was about to cry he was sure of it.


Bay gently tugged her to his bed.

He seemed to be in deep thought before he wrote something in the notebook once more. It took him about five minutes to write it but Rose was patient enough to wait.


I’m scared. The day you found me…broken…I remembered the fearful look of Emily’s eyes. Begging for me, to save her, to save her and myself. I was too weak and something was forcefully taken from me. Her eyes scared me….reminding me that I can’t protect anyone not even myself…when you came to my room determined to help me you made me calm. You made me happy and filled with hope that one day I could speak again.  I’m not the person I once am. I could feel it deep within me. Thank you. Thank you for being here for me.


This sent Rose in a fit of tears.

He thanked her.

She was grateful for that at least.

He didn’t tell her that he loved her too. He didn’t tell her that he even likes her, but at least he didn’t reject her either.

She smiled.


“You’re welcome.” She whispered. 

 

 

 

© 2012 Martina


Author's Note

Martina
eh well this is a short side story for my story The Shattered Angels, that is published and being sold on Amazon. x.x

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I hope you keep writing. Writing had been my peace for 40 years. In the past 10 years I got a lot of poem published. Good to write to release pain and thoughts. I like the story. The gentle pace of the story to the strong ending. Love is never controlled. Heart is always trying to find comfort. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I hope you keep writing. Writing had been my peace for 40 years. In the past 10 years I got a lot of poem published. Good to write to release pain and thoughts. I like the story. The gentle pace of the story to the strong ending. Love is never controlled. Heart is always trying to find comfort. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

293 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 24, 2012
Last Updated on May 24, 2012
Tags: romance, side story, oneshot, angst, the shattered angels, angels, devil, evil, hope, love happiness

Author

Martina
Martina

Wonderland, LA



About
Hello people =) Hello my name is Martina and I'm 19 years old; graduated from high school with very high dreams of becoming a well known author; (for about let see 10 years). I'm easy to .. more..

Writing
Desperate Desperate

A Poem by Martina


When I Died... When I Died...

A Story by Martina


Facade Facade

A Poem by Martina