20 Mysteries

20 Mysteries

A Poem by EmeraldHeart
"

Tradition, Practice, Meditation and Faith.

"
Beginning from Center
And moving upward bead by bead.
Meditating in each of its mysteries.
Until the end, you must proceed.

Intertwined connection between the son and the mother.

What beautiful practice. In my earlier years, I failed not see.

Joyful, Luminous, Sorrowful and Glorious.
Which one? Today, will you pray?

“Our Father, “Hail Marys” repeat.
Completing the circle of everlasting
Love.

From childhood this holy tradition my parents
Instilled.

© 2021 EmeraldHeart


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Many fully religious Christians are highly critical of Catholics becuz of RITUALS. The weird thing is, to a non-organized-religion spiritualist like me, ALL churches seem to have RITUALS. I don't think they're good or bad. Whatever habit a person develops to keep the righteous ideals uppermost in one's mind & life (((HUGS)))

Posted 2 Years Ago


Being of Hispanic heritage this spoke to me because religion is so part of the culture. My grandmother's room was always filled with candles of glassed stained pictures of saints. Rosary beads draped on the mirrors curtains drawn to always have this holy dark ambience. It was like walking into a church every time I entered her room. And she was always constantly praying whether gardening or having lunch it didn't matter what it was the Hail Mary prayer was always being said by her. I no longer am religious but I respect people's faith, probably more than they do in all honesty. I was a former alter boy who thought seriously about becoming a priest. But I let go of those things of my parents to live my own journey in life. Thank you for sharing your poem.

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 15, 2021
Last Updated on October 15, 2021

Author

EmeraldHeart
EmeraldHeart

Salinas, CA



About
I love poetry and being creative. Art is therapeutic for me and healing. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..