Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Esther Night

When he got home from school, he found his farther, in his parent’s bedroom packing. “Dad where we going?” he asked.

His dad looked up and brushed his black hair back revealing his brown eyes, Jake noticed there was redness in his eye and…tear drops.

Could his dad have been crying? Jake wondered.

His dad nervously laughed “Your mother and I are going to Paris.” His mom slowly walked in clutching clothes in her arms, her eyes were burning red, Jake can see she had been crying hard, she turned her head and saw her son she started crying again.

Jake looked at his mother crying, he gave her a hug “What happened?”

His mother hugged him tight whispered “Just go to Kate’s.”

“But…” Jake rebelled. “Somebody needs to tell me what the hell is going on?”

His parents looked at him speechless.

“Jake,  go to Kate’s now, you will know soon enough.” His dad said.

Jake finally did as he was told and walked next door to Kate’s, he always felt comfortable at her house. It was a second home to him, as far he could image.  Kate opened the door right when he got to the door.

“Kate something’s is wrong and my mom…..”He started to huff and puff until he was interrupted by Kate.

“Calm down Jake” she said with a fake smile. They went into her living room “Come on sit down.” she forced a laugh.

Jake sat down across form her then smiled “Okay” 

“Did you know, in Jewish religious texts, the first mention of a dragon-like creature is in the Biblical works called a Pole Serpent?” Kate randomly said just wanting to avoid silence.

Jake laughed “No, I didn’t know that. I never thought to know that”

Kate’s mom walked in with a plate of tacos “I thought you might be hungry” she said sweetly to Jake.

While Jake was stuffing his mouth Kate’s mom turned to Kate and pulled her ear. Kate pulled her ear.  Jake started on a new taco and Kate’s mother quickly and quietly left the room. Kate looked at Jake; he could see fear in her eyes.

"I'm your best friend right?" she spoke. 

Jake reached out to her "Of Course"

She bit into a finger nail "Whatever happens....I hope we will always be best friends..."

Then Jake’s phone rang, as he answered Kate took a heavy breath.

“Hello” Jake answered,

He heard a dark, unknown voice say“65!”

“Who is this?” Jake yelled.

 An alarm went off and red lights started flashing throughout the house. Kate stood up and crossed her arms, shutting her eyes. Jake stood with half the taco in his mouth. The living room transformed. The floor below Jake and Kate opened sending them down  white tubes. He slid down taco bits falling from his mouth. He could feel the tube turning and twisting, clueless of what was beyond the white inside. Then he was falling rapidly, getting faster every second until he crash on to a hard white floor.



© 2014 Esther Night


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on September 24, 2012
Last Updated on June 28, 2014