Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Esther Night

He lifted his head from the white tile floor, futuristic office white walls, white stairs, and in the middle a white circler desk, one was in the room, he heard the sound of people in the background. Jake stood up with a mashed up taco in his hand and started eating it again. He looked to his right and saw Kate standing like a soldier, he had never seen her so serious before. She looked over at Jake.

 “Jake!” she whipped pointing to the taco.

“Hey, I eat when I’m scared and this is pretty scary” he told her with a mouth full.

 A man approached them, he was tall, middle aged, and light skinned, dark eyes and darker hair. “65 and 66” he said.

Jake didn’t respond, but saw Kate stepped forward.

 The man looked at Jake and stepped towards him “65” he repeated.  Jake looked at him confused, the last of the taco pushed down his throat

“Sorry to be rude, but who are you? Where are we?” he cried.

The man looked at Jake “I am Evan Noon founder and head spy of D.A.Y, and this is D.A.Y. Headquarters.” He pointed to a sign that read “D.A.Y. Spy Headquarters”.

Jake laughed “Sir I have never heard of you and “D.A.Y.”? What does that ever mean?”

Evan walked to a white desk in the center of the room “Dukes Always Yellow.”

Jake laughed again “Dukes Always Yellow? Who is Duke? Why is he always yellow?”

Evan smiled “You will find your answers in time 65” Evan looked at him with a smile. Then he looked at Kate “66, go pack while I explain the mission to 65” Kate nodded and left.

Jake looked very scared “Who is this 65 you keep talking about? Why am I here? What mission? Where is Kate going?” he questioned.

“You are Agent 65, now you are here because there is an evil organization planning to crash and then control every computer, TV, and phone in the world.  They have been creating a program for one big cyber-attack; they call themselves “N.I.G.H.T.” controlled by a computer called I.N.  And you, Kate and one my top student agents will find this program and destroy it.” 

Jake raised his hand. Evan pointed at him “yes 65”. 

“Mr., I don’t know if my mommy would allow me to fight evil computer crashers.”

 Evan laughed a push and pushed a red button under his desk. The floor opened and he fell into another tube slide. Jake slid down confused, puzzled, and a bit dizzy watching the white of the tube, he could it turning and spinning. He almost threw up, but then told himself it wouldn’t be smart. He watched the white lines repeat until the tube flipped him over and everything went black.



© 2014 Esther Night


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on September 24, 2012
Last Updated on June 28, 2014