Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Esther Night

He moved his hand along the surface it was rough yet furry. As he picked his head up he began to recognize it. It was carpet…his living room carpet, he could tell by the grape juice stags upon the light brown color.

“65” a voice called him. He reached up his hand to get up, he felt leather. As he stood up he realized it was his couch. He turned to see his parents, standing on each side of the TV. On it was Evan. Jake’s nerves rattled.

          “Um…Mom? Dad?” He cried.

          “Jake” his Dad spoke “we have something to tell you”

         His mom stepped up with deep red eyes “Were not exactly your real parents”

She turned to Jake’s Dad, who stood straight trying to hold back tears. “Evan assigned us to you….for you to learn and train in a family environment”

Jake’s head starting spinning, his body falling on to the couch. “What? Mom, Dad…”    

His dad intenerated, “I think its best you start calling us by our proper tittles”

The TV screen flashed to headshots of his parents. By his dad’s picture read “Brain Patterson Agent 33”. By his mom’s picture “Maria Deinks Patterson Agent 23”.

Jake’s mouth opened, “What? Your spies? And I’m a spy?”

His mom smiled at him “You remember getting your black belt when your five” His mind flashed back to her teaching him to break boards.

“And you remember me teaching you how to crack codes since you were seven” His dad chuckled.  Jake’s mind flashed back to the first time he cracked a safe.

He looked into their eyes “So my whole life has been a lie? So who am I?”   Jake started at the people he thought until today were his parents.

             “You are Agent 65” Evan spoke. “And you and Kate must travel to the magical lands in the Tandona realm, find and destroy the evil system N.I.G.H.T has created. You’ll leave in the morning”    

“What? I’m leaving tomorrow, what if I’m not ready?” Jake yelled.

Jake’s dad into Jake’s eyes “You have been trained for this your whole life. I’ve have seen you grow and I know you’re ready”

His mom grabbed him into a hug “I’m so sorry, we lied to you, but please know that I do love you, I always have. Please take care of not only you but Kate too.” He hugged her closer than ever.

“It’s time, you‘ll stay the night in one of our student dooms and finish preparations.” Evan ordered trying not to cry.

Jake

 

paused; his eyes filled with questions marks “Wait… I can ask you something?”

Evan nodded sincerely “Okay…What?”

Jake looked down and folded his hands “Who are my real parents?” he asked shaking

Evan looked down and licked his lips “Honestly I don’t know…that still a mystery to me”         



© 2012 Esther Night


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on September 24, 2012
Last Updated on September 24, 2012