Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Esther Night

The next morning Jake woke up in one of student dorms reminding him that it was real and not a dream.  The dorms were empty at that time. He saw that the other students had already gotten up and were in training. He got up and his rubbed eyes. When he picked his head up he saw a pretty petite dark skinned girl with short black hair wearing the black uniform.

She smiled at him friendly, “Hi I’m Karla, Agent 157.  Evan sent me to wake you he wants to see all of us before we go”

Jake rubbed his eyes again “What? Did you say we?”

Karla laughed “Oh I’m sorry I forget, I’m going on your mission with you. Come on, get dressed I’ll see you in there”

************

 In the Office he saw Kate, it was the first time he seen her since they first arrived.

She smiled at him “Good Morning, here” she handed him a sliver backpack. “Its stuff to set up camp, food, and survival stuff you know.” 

He took the bag “Thank you, Hey how did know… about… this stuff?”

She signed, “Jake I…..” she started to say until Evan and Karla walked in.

“Agents it is time to meet I.P.” Even spoke reaching into his desk

“Now I must warn she does get a bit annoying.” He whispered

Jake, Kate, and Karla looked at each other then looked at Evan.

“Who is I.P?” Jake asked. Evan handed him what looked to be a normal blackberry. It lead up the screen was bright pink.

“Hi Jakie, Hi Katie, Hi Karrie” it spoke in a high pitched valley girl voice.

Jake’s mouth dropped, “this is I.P? A talking phone” he whispered to Evan.

“I’M NOT A PHONE; I’M A HIGHLY ADVANCED ELECTRONIC FOR COMMUTATION AND DIRECTIONS!” I. P. Screamed.

Jake freaked out and dropped it, then quickly picked it back up. “I’m sorry! I’ve never met a talking…, I mean an advanced electronic for commutation and directions.”

A frowning face appeared on the screen, “I don’t like you, hand me to someone else” I.P. command. Jake handed her to Kate.

  Evan was laughing his head off but clamed himself down “anyway between three of you, you should have enough supplies and I’m going to give you all some of the main gadgets” Jake’s eyes brighten; he had always loved spy movies, and always loved their gadgets. He turned Kate and Karla and knew they were thinking the same thing. 

    Evan held up a sliver cylinder about two inches tall. “This is a mini laser, it may look small, but the beams will blind you.” Evan handed each of them one. Next a black gun, “Now let’s get this straight, this is a tranquilizer gun, I not giving miners permission to kill! This shoots out tarts only! Each tart puts a human to sleep for a half hour, an animal about an hour. ” Lastly he placed three necklets on the desk each had a sun on it “You’ll be traveling in magical lands, so you’ll need these.” Evan looked at Jake then Kate “I know N.I.G.H.T practices in powerful dark magic, and they will tried to temp you to cross to their side. These necklets hold their own magic, the magic of light, these will help you stay strong and keep you humble. Please wear them always, the second you take them off….” He whispered, looking down.

“What? What would happen?” Jake asked trying to find Evan eyes.

  Evan took a breath and started at them “Lets worry about it, just wear them. Its time I.P., show map mode”

A map appeared on I.P.’s screen. Jake, Kate, and Karla put on the necklets and grabbed their backpacks. One of the white slid up revealing the spiral porter. Karla stepped up first Evan stopped her and shook her hand.

“I’m depending on you to use your studies” He said to her. She nodded and smiled walked on disappearing into the porter. Jake walked up next. Evan shook his hand too.

“I know you think this is very sudden, but hopefully will start to make sense. I’m depending on you to use you strength… even the strength you haven’t discovered yet”, He spoke with an unsure, worried voice. Jake walked on, then stopped and turned around. Kate walked to Evan, but instead of shaking her hand Evan hugged her and said “I’m depending on you to use your natural wisdom of fighting and especially of magic”.

 She walked to Jake “What are you doing? What are you waiting for?”  

Jake cracked a little smile, “I was waiting for my best friend.” She smiled at him, and the two of them stood side by side and stepped into the unknown.   



© 2012 Esther Night


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
Added on September 24, 2012
Last Updated on September 24, 2012