Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Esther Night

    Jake opened his eyes, wondering what they had walked into. But to his surprised he didn’t see some kind of Alien planet; it was more like a dessert dry, rocky, and hot.

“Where are we?” he asked.

I.P.’s screen lit up “the dry lands outside the tectonic forest”

Karla stepped in front of him “We should get going; hopefully we can get to the forest by night fall and set up camp.” Jake nodded then turned and notices Kate far up ahead messing with her sun necklace and humming a tune in a daze. The tune seems strange yet familiar to him, he ran in front of her

“What are you singing?” He asked.

She let go the necklace. “I don’t know” They looked at each other trying to thinking of what song it was, but Karla told them to come on and don’t worry about it.

*************

 They walked for a while, following the path on I.P’s screen though the sand surrounded by rocks and cacti .they couldn’t stand the silence so Karla started telling about them her training at D.A.Y.     

“My parents were spies yup! They used to tell me stories about their missions all the time; they were the greatest people in my world.” She said.

Jake raised his eyebrow, “Were?”

Karla took a breath “Yea, A few years ago they were killed going on a mission…. This mission actually”

“What? They were killed on this mission?” Jake said.

Karla nodded “Several people have gotten this mission, but…nobody has complete it.”

“So, they have this “evil computer system” for years?” He asked

 Kate laughed “yea it was created years ago, but they haven’t yet really perfected it. Even before it was created N.I.G.H.T was planning to take over the world. For years now D.A.Y and N.I.G.H.T have been at war.”

“Why have agents died?” Jake asked

“Not all have died but, I heard N.I.G.H.T is not afraid to use violence or dark magic, there a small group, but their skilled fighters and know more about this place than we do, some members grew up in this world, that’s why they choose to hide here.” Karla said.  

The three of them hear a sound, it sounded like a camera flash, and they stop looked all around. They saw no living thing, so started walking again even faster. After they pasted a boulder, a pair of   beautiful brown eyes popped out form the side. As the eyes moved, a face, then a whole person appeared. A tan woman about in her late 30’s, long dark curly hair, wearing red lipstick and a bright red leather jumpsuit holding up an electronic.

She laughed “Did you get it, I.C?” she asked it.

The screen lilt up “Yes beautiful, sending it to Ivan now” it said in a fancy French voice.

“Wow babe, we really got some completion huh? Come on their kids,” said a deep voice. A man came out from the boulder, he too was in his late 30’s, tall, light skinned, short brown hair, brown eyes wearing a  tan trench coat and hat. “Guess we wiped out all of their good agents, right Esmeralda?”

Esmeralda turned to him “yea Duke, Ivan will laugh his head off.”

I.C beeped “Ivan calling” the screen flashed a man with a patch over is left eye. He was mid aged; he had short spikey black hair, and wore a black trench coat.

“That’s what he sends now, ha ha, Evan, Evan, Evan. Well Duke, Esmeralda, return to headquarters.” Ivan said.

Duke and Esmeralda turned to each other confused “You don’t want us to follow them and catch them?” Duke asked.

Ivan gave a devilish smile “I got something planed for them.”

Duke and Esmeralda smile at each other then turned to the screen and nodded at Ivan.



© 2012 Esther Night


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on September 24, 2012
Last Updated on September 24, 2012