Prologue

Prologue

A Story by Gio S.P.
"

This is a short prologue to the book, "Etched In Colour" that I am currently working on.

"
She was like the smell of an old book; of fresh grass and vanilla. I remembered the gust of wind racing past her as she walked away; the smell of her etching itself into every fiber of my being. It killed me. And isn't it beautiful how your body knows that it's dying from the moment that you're born, yet it does everything in its ability to keep you alive, despite the inevitable? That's how I feel about loving her. Even though we're going to die some day and part ways, my basic human instinct is to love her. From the moment I was born, despite the inevitable.
I counted the steps of her 'walk away'. I counted until she was almost out of view, and then I counted the 'could be' steps. I stared until our sun swallowed the last remnants of her. And just like that, it was over. Just like that, she was gone. Autumn left me with the touch of Winter. And God, did I hate Winter.

© 2014 Gio S.P.


Author's Note

Gio S.P.
This was created under the consumption of alcohol. Enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
Added on October 17, 2014
Last Updated on November 7, 2014
Tags: etched in colour, colour, love, noah, autumn, love story, books, smell, fresh grass, vanilla, dying, death, inevitable, human instinct, born, birth, beauty, beautiful

Author

Gio S.P.
Gio S.P.

Bronx, NY



About
My name is Giovanni and I live in New York City. In love with a beautiful soul who goes by the name of Shelby. I'm a 22 year old student attending a two-year college. An aspiring writer whose want is .. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Story by Gio S.P.


Details Details

A Story by Gio S.P.