The Woman Who Took Pictures Of Marbles

The Woman Who Took Pictures Of Marbles

A Story by EternityWolf101
"

There was a course on here that told me to write something that involved personification with the objects: Wind, Marble/s, Camera, Dress, and Xylophone. here is my story.

"
            The camera blinked as I pressed on the snapshot button, aiming it directly at the marbles I placed at the edge of my bed. When the picture was taken, the marbles suddenly cried as they fell to the floor in a giant heap, bouncing off the wooden floor and springing themselves up. It looked like they were begging me to put them back on the bed. I picked them all up and, after some thinking, put them in the center of the bed this time. I smiled as I looked at the picture. It wasn't what I planned, but it looked interesting. The picture was of them falling to the floor. they were all in a line, almost like they were marching.
            A knock. I looked behind me to only find my window open, slamming itself slowly into the outside wall of the house from the force of the heavy wind. As I approached the window, a silent growl came from outside. It was like the wind was mad at me, but for what? Why is the wind mad at me? I stood still for a few moments, then ran to the window, slamming it shut and locking the bolts.
            Nothing. No noise. No movements. All I saw was myself in the reflection, but.... I was filthy. Blood was staining my once lively colored dress, staining its ego with death. I rubbed my eyes and it was gone. The colors were back to normal. I sighed. Only an illusion.
            I looked back to the marbles. They were still there. I smiled and picked them back up in one of my hands. With the other, I pulled out the xylophone box I crafted for them and dropped them inside. I knew the xylophone would keep them safe.

© 2012 EternityWolf101


Author's Note

EternityWolf101
I wrote this literately from out of nowhere....

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this a lot, it made me laugh. One thing, you say a silent growl cam from outside, but how is a growl silent?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Such an interesting read and carrying out quite a tastk, Your words flow well, the ideas re. marbles, door etc. are very good but, you have used the first person quite a lot so have interpreted your reactions and thoughts rather more than the inanimate items. Having said that, this could be a brilliant post, maybe needs a little more editing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


You used your words well.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

252 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 30, 2012
Last Updated on May 31, 2012
Tags: the, woman, who, took, pictures, of, marbles, story, response, for, course

Author

EternityWolf101
EternityWolf101

Lowell, IN



About
Hello, my name is Jeremy Williams. I'm a 16-year-old teenager in Lowell, Indiana and I love reading and writing. Short and simple response to what type of person I am. Reading and writing has been a p.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..