Light And Dark Part 5: The Painted Man

Light And Dark Part 5: The Painted Man

A Story by EurasianFlavour

Angeal crumpled to the ground, her small hands clasped firmly over her ears.   She thought she screamed but  she wasn't sure.  The cacophony of voices grew stronger and stronger, drowning out all other possible sounds.


"Stop!" She tasted the salty tears on her lips, "Stop it!  Please, you're hurting me!"  She curled tighter into herself, heaving sobs, hoping to escape the endless noise.   The voices surrounded her, mixing into a frenzied unintelligible mess, increasing into a deafening crescendo.


"Wake up!  I want to wake up!"


Suddenly the voices stopped, and silence enveloped her. 


Frozen in surprise, Angeal tentatively lifted her palms from her ears.  The silence and emptiness felt uncanny after the roaring sounds.  Pushing herself off of the ground, she glanced about her surroundings.  Nothing else had changed.  She was still in the cathedral.  Shimmering pinpricks of light still tried to peek through the dirtied windows. 


"Am I still asleep?" She wondered aloud, her tiny voice quietly echoing in the rafters, "Mommy?" Her fading echoes was the only response.  Unable to tolerate the stillness, Angeal headed towards the alter.  Her ringing footsteps were a welcoming sound.  A portrait of a beautiful man hung before her.  His dark black hair was tied neatly with a burgundy ribbon.  When not hidden behind matching burgundy clothes, his milky white skin shone brightly against his dark hair and eyes.  He had his hand outstretched, as if beckoning Angeal to come close.


"Weird," she whispered, "I don't think that was here before..." She was inexplicably drawn to him.  Squinting, she could make out tiny scribbles of print on a plaque underneath the image, but it was too small and too dark to read clearly.  She looked up into the painted face and caught his eyes.  Angeal shuddered and automatically took a step back.  She didn't like his eyes.  They were so cold.  Although his lips were curled into a gentle smile, his eyes stared back a stony gaze.


Without knowing why, Angeal felt an urgency to escape.  Panic started to rise from deep within her belly to rest in her throat.  Her footsteps quickened towards the door.  She didn't like that man.  She had to get away.  She was almost there.   Her fingertips brushed the door--


"Wait!" A voice rumbled.  Angeal froze, a gasp caught in her throat, her legs shaking slightly, arm still outstretched.


"Leaving so soon?"  The voice purred.  Slowly Angeal began to melt back into herself.  She lowered her arm, and pulled herself into a tight hug.  Peeking behind her, she saw the beautiful man step out from the painting and stride towards her.  Her eyes followed him as he knelt before her.


"Hello, Sweetheart," he greeted.  Angeal shrank into herself, her arms hugging even tighter.  She wished she still had Mr. Angel's feather.  Maybe he could keep the bad man away.   He paused, waiting for her answer.  When none came he tried again, "What's your name?"  Angeal pouted and spun away from him.


" Mine's Axel."  He stepped around Angeal, making sure they were facing each other again.  She narrowed her eyes and made sure to look away.  Why wouldn't he leave her alone?


"Don't be afraid.  I don't want to hurt you."


"I'm not allowed to talk to strangers."  Angeal said matter-of-factly.  He laughed, "It's a good thing I'm not a stranger then."


"Yes, you are!" Angeal replied indignantly.


"I'm not a stranger if you know my name.  Besides, you saved me.  That makes us friends now, right?"

© 2013 EurasianFlavour


Author's Note

EurasianFlavour
http://www.writerscafe.org/groups/Light-and-dark-collab-/9512/ has all the parts of the story.

This is the fifth part of a collaborative story write to be continued by someone else.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting. :) Nicely done!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


EurasianFlavour

11 Years Ago

Thank you! Glad you like it!
cool!

Posted 11 Years Ago


EurasianFlavour

11 Years Ago

Thanks!
That's really cool! I was totally with the character the whole time. Do you and your partner work together on the chapter or one writes then the other? It flows really well together is why I ask.

Posted 11 Years Ago


EurasianFlavour

11 Years Ago

Thanks! I believe all parts were written individually (so one writes and then the other). GDMonste.. read more
Rika

11 Years Ago

Yeap for every peice , im starting the next one soon
Far better than m-mine. : V-Very enjoyable.

Posted 11 Years Ago


EurasianFlavour

11 Years Ago

Thank you for the compliment. I just read your piece and I liked where you were going with it. :)
Luna Kusan

11 Years Ago

Th-Thanks (:
this story keeps getting awsomer! lets keep going people! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

EurasianFlavour

11 Years Ago

Thank you!
Beautifully told as far as it goes.If I understand correctly this is written as a piece to be continued by another writer.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rika

11 Years Ago

Yea its a contest I made, the link is not there so not to confuse writers. About the real part
Don't really have time to read it right now but make sure u have a picture

Posted 11 Years Ago


EurasianFlavour

11 Years Ago

Added one. Sorry, I was a little confused by that request at first. Just found the "add image" upl.. read more
Rika

11 Years Ago

Its all good

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

510 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 8, 2013
Last Updated on March 12, 2013

Author

EurasianFlavour
EurasianFlavour

About
I occasionally write down whatever nonsense flows through my head. Hopefully, someone then reads it and validates me as a wordsmith. ...Of stories. I am not a wordsmith of poems, and tend not to.. more..


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..